Sherwin-Williams Grimsby Powder
Sherwin-Williams Grimsby Powder is currently looking to hire Production Operating Technicians and currently have several vacancies to fill. This is a great opportunity for anyone looking to start a career with great potential. Employer provides significant wage increase after just 12 months, along with benefits after 1 month including RRSP matching and stock options.
This position is responsible for the timely and safe manufacturing of powder coating products that meet the customers' needs. The incumbent is expected to contribute to solutions of problems relating to products and processes.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Weigh up of raw materials following established procedures
- Able to operate forklift truck and pallet jacks
- Capable of properly setting-up, adjusting, monitoring, operating, and cleaning all automatic and semi-automatic equipment in an efficient and safe manner
- Knows and willingly practices all safety rules and procedures including the wearing of appropriate safety apparel, &willingly participates in the safety program
- Keeps tools, equipment, and work areas neat and orderly
- Follows all standard operating procedures
- Exercises good judgment and initiative
- Able to accomplish assigned work with little supervision.
- Must have own reliable transportation due to no local public transit available
- Must be able to work three (3) Rotating Shifts Schedule – Days (7AM to 3PM), Afternoons (3PM to 11PM) and Nights (11PM to 7AM)
- Must be able to work overtime including Saturdays and Sundays
- Must be able to Lift 55 Lbs. consistently throughout the shift
- Must not have any restrictions to wearing a respirator including being clean shaven to ensure a proper respirator fit (no facial hair)
- Must be able to read, write, comprehend and communicate effectively in English
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must have the legal right to work in the country of employment without needing sponsorship now or in the future for employment visa status
- Must have previous manufacturing experience
- The successful candidate must also pass a pre-employment background check and a medical screening will be scheduled post-offer
Job # 210082F