Sobeys in Beamsville is actively seeking a Produce Clerk to join their team.
This position offers full time hours. The ideal candidate must be available to work various days and hours throughout the week, Monday to Sunday including evenings, days and weekends.
- Maintain produce displays which includes moving product to and from cool storage, discarding damaged items and identifying stock requiring replenishment
- Prepare product for display by sorting, washing/trimming, cutting and wrapping produce
- Maintain product inventory by checking stock levels and preparing and processing orders
- Receive orders, check invoices, unload boxes
- Provide exceptional customer service by greeting customers, answering questions, cutting and wrapping produce, ordering special items, and by responding to concerns
- Maintain appearance of department by cleaning/sanitizing floors, display areas and shelves
- Perform other related duties as required
- Basic knowledge of produce
- Able to communicate effectively with customers and staff
- Able to work independently or as part of a team
- Able to stand for long periods of time
- Able to lift and move product
- Some bending required
- Safe Food Handling certificate, an asset
- WHMIS training, an asset
- Health & Safety training, an asset
Please apply with cover letter and resume.