Span Medical Products has offered the industry’s most comprehensive line of specialty solutions for pressure management and patient positioning.
Span Medical Products clinically proven product lines are recognized in medical facilities throughout North America and Australia. The company also manufactures and markets specialty foam products for the consumer market and custom components for industrial customers.
Our Beamsville plant has an immediate opening for a Maintenance Mechanic on the day shift.
Day Shift – Monday to Friday, 6am to 2pm
Comprehensive employee benefits after 6 months of employment.
- Troubleshoot and resolve equipment, interior and exterior building maintenance issues
- Minimum expectation for electrical is;
- Determine blown fuses and replacing, repair/replace 120 volt plugs
- Lock-out procedures to/and change mechanical components such as belts, couplings, chains, rollers, bearings, bushings, fasteners
- Change electrical components such as drives, motors, controls
- Minimum expectations for pneumatics and hydraulics are;
- Trouble shoots and replaces faulty components such as fluid lines, valves, palm buttons, cylinders, and lubricators
- Adjust process to achieve optimal equipment performance
- Perform mechanical disassembly, repair and reassembly
- Ensure preventative maintenance program is maintained as per schedule
- Source components and repair services as required
- Understands all shop floor equipment -- set-up, programming and operating procedures
- Fabricate carts, racks, equipment from drawings and/or as directed
- Train Level 1 & 2 Maintenance Mechanics on maintenance process and procedures and daily maintenance activities, as required
- 5+ years in production/facility industrial maintenance and/or equivalent industrial maintenance education and trades certificate
- Must possess valid electric reach and/or propane fork lift truck licence
- Ability to follow instructions, manual dexterity, read drawings and complete documentation
- Willingness to train in quality processes, safety, product assembly and support activities
- Must be able to perform physical requirements of the position, with or without accommodations, including lifting up to 20 kgs, working at heights, bending, twisting, turning, reaching and use of both hands
- Must have own transportation, as there is no bus accessibility