Quality Assurance Technician – #4426 -L
Span Medical Products Canada Inc.
Span Medical Products Canada (SMPC) manufactures nursing home beds for the North American market and has been a supplier of medical devices for 104 years. Our facility of 85 associates is located in the heart of Ontario’s wine producing region at Beamsville. SMPC produces beds using metal fabrication, welding, robotic welding, paint and assembly processes in our 50,000 square foot facility. We have a great team through all facets of the business and have a growth strategy that supports development of our people.
We are currently recruiting for a Quality Assurance Technician to join our team.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
The standard work week is 40 hours a week. Quality staff hours are either 7:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. or 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. with a 30 minute unpaid lunch from 12:00 noon to 12:30 p.m.
Under certain circumstances, this position might also require to work longer hours than the maximum or during times when you’d otherwise be off work.
This position is in manufacturing environment, situated on the production floor. This position required access to machines and handling of parts and materials used in the production process.
Position Responsibilities Include:
- Review and interpret engineering drawings, diagrams, or work instructions, bill of materials to perform inspections, per the drawing and any additional procedural requirements
- Check received materials for compliance to purchase orders
- Inspect, measure, and test machined, fabricated, sub-assembled, assembled, raw material, castings and off the shelf electro -mechanical components
- Record and report inspection results, as per company standard procedures
- Review all purchased products or components and make the decision whether to accept the product and future purchases from the vendor
- Involved in welding inspection activities; perform dimensional checks on completed welds and ensure compliance with approved drawings; and perform the necessary non-destructive examination (NDE) and destructive testing
- Conduct supplier audits, as required, issue periodic reports on vendor quality for management review and provide interface with suppliers, as needed, to assess or resolve quality issues
- Assist production in evaluation of non-conforming materials process
- Perform investigations, determine disposition of non-conforming material and determine re-inspection requirements
- Review/ analyze job task and/or inspection tool inventory to perform, improve inspection/ quality assurance efficiency, performance and reliability
- Make recommendations of inspection tools or methods to improve performance and productivity
- Perform other related duties, as assigned
Qualifications, Skills and Abilities:
- Related College diploma preferred in Quality or equivalent work experience required
- 2 years’ work experience within a Quality Inspection role or recent graduate preferred
- Experience with inspection tools and equipment (micrometers, calipers, and CMM)
- Must be able to read and interpret engineering drawings, standards and specifications
- Exposure or knowledge of common fabrication processes and methods for metal fabrication, welding, welding inspection, mechanical assemblies, plastics, and materials is required
- Good problem solving skills, ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw conclusions
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, with Visual Manufacturing, preferred
- Excellent writing, communication, and presentation skills
- Excellent organization and communication skills, motivated, ability to work autonomously with high sense of urgency and attention to detail
If you are interested in joining our team, please submit your resume in confidence.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, Span Medical Products Canada is committed to accommodating individual needs of applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. Please call Human Resources at 905-563-8264 or email, if you require an accommodation to ensure your equal participation during the recruitment and selection process.