Fabrication Set Up/Machine Operator – #4427 -L
Span Medical Products Canada Inc.
Span-America Medical Systems has offered the industry’s most comprehensive line of specialty solutions for pressure management and patient positioning. Span-America’s clinically proven product lines are recognized in medical facilities throughout North America. The company also manufactures and markets specialty foam products for the consumer market and custom components for industrial customers.
Our Beamsville plant is looking to add a Set Up/Machine Operator on the AFTERNOON shift.
Our afternoon shift starting rate is $18.00 per hour, with an increase upon completion of the probationary period.
- Read and interpret blue prints and specifications
- Program fabrication machinery
- Set up and maintain all machines, tools, and equipment in department or designated area
- Operate the fabrication machinery and advise Supervisor of programming adjustments as needed
- Adjust jigs as needed, under the supervision of the Supervisor
- Material control in MRPII environment
- Perform material handling as required, heavy lifting required; pick parts orders
- Ensure that customer service levels, cycle time and quality expectations are met
- Maintain good housekeeping and safety standards, as specified
- Set up workstations as required
- Rework defective parts
- Report scrap, defective parts or material, and any condition (i.e. unsafe or off standard), that may negatively affect production quality and/or quantity
- 5+ years’ experience in the set up and operation of punch press, brake press and other fabrication machinery
- Ability to follow instructions, good manual dexterity, read drawings and fill-out provided documents
- Must be able to operate in a self-managed team environment
- Willingness to obtain training in quality processes, safety, product assembly and support activities
- Must be willing to use hand tools and other equipment required to perform the tasks
- Must be able to perform physical requirements of the position, with or without accommodations, including lifting up to 20 kgs, bending, twisting, turning, reaching and use of both hands
- Must have own transportation, as there is no bus accessibility
If you are interested in joining our team, please submit your resume in confidence. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, Span Medical Products Canada is committed to accommodating individual needs of applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. Please call Human Resources at 905-563-8264, if you require an accommodation to ensure your equal participation during the recruitment and selection process.