General Labourers – #4437 -L
Span Medical Products Canada Inc.
Span-America Medical Systems has offered the industry’s most comprehensive line of specialty solutions for pressure management and patient positioning. Span-America’s clinically proven product lines are recognized in medical facilities throughout North America. The company also manufactures and markets specialty foam products for the consumer market and custom components for industrial customers.
Our Beamsville plant has openings for General Labourers.
All shifts are a straight shift – no rotations.
Day Shift – Monday through Friday 7am to 3pm; may have to work afternoon shift.
Afternoon Shift – Monday to Thursday 3pm to 1am – 60¢ shift premium applies.
Night Shift – Sunday to Thursday 11pm to 7am – 80¢ shift premium applies. Training may take place on day shift for 6-8 weeks.
Our staring rate is $15.00 per hour with increases after 90 working days, 12 months, and annually every November after 2 years’ service.
- Prepare parts for paint line using prescribed methods and procedures
- Operate/load/unload Robotic Welder, assist with set-up/change over as required and perform quality checks
- Hand grinding of welded parts to quality specifications
- Set up and maintain all tools, and equipment on sub-assembly work stations
- Operate machinery and equipment, as specified
- Load finished product on trucks for delivery. Heavy lifting may be required
- Provide back-up as requested to all Operator positions
- Report scrap, defective parts or material, and any condition (i.e. unsafe or off standard), that may negatively affect production quality and/or quantity
- Material control in an MRPII environment
- Ensure that customer service levels, cycle time and quality expectations are met
- Maintain good housekeeping and safety standards, as specified
- Adhere to departmental quality certification requirements
To be successful in this role, we are seeking:
- Completion of high school diploma
- Previous experience working in a manufacturing environment preferred
- Ability to follow instructions, good manual dexterity; read drawings and fill-out provided documents
- Must be able to operate in a self-managed team environment
- Positive attitude and willingness to obtain training in quality processes, safety, product assembly and support activities
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written
- Must have own transportation, as there is no bus accessibility
If you are interested in joining our team, please submit your resume in confidence.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, Span Medical Products Canada is committed to accommodating individual needs of applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. Please call Human Resources at 905-563-8264, if you require an accommodation to ensure your equal participation during the recruitment and selection process.