Senior Tax Accountant – #7836 – A
About the Company:
Located in St. Catharines, this Public Accounting Firm, founded in 2010, specializes accounting, tax consultation, and professional advisory services to individuals and small to medium sized businesses across the Golden Horseshoe and Muskoka regions.
Offering hybrid work from home/work from office schedules that foster optimal work-life integration, this employer prides itself in supporting the growth and development of internal talent.
Your specific accountabilities will include:
- Understanding client businesses, their key risks and opportunities and providing strategic business solutions
- Reviewing and preparing corporate, trust, and partnership tax returns
- Providing tax consultations and advising accordingly
- Reviewing individual Canadian tax returns
- Resolving CRA notices; including corresponding with CRA when required
- Supervising and assisting accounting team members
- Conducting research on tax law and cases as required
- Oversee junior staff members
You will be a great fit for this role if you have:
- CPA designation with membership in good standing with CPA Ontario
- 3+ years experience working in a public accounting practice
- 2 + years leading a team focused on tax advisory support for clients
- In-Depth Tax Certification an asset
- Advanced knowledge of ASPE, CAS and Canadian review standards
- Experience working with CaseWare, Tax Prep, Simply/Sage, and QuickBooks
- Exceptional communication and client service skills
- Superior attention to detail & accuracy
More About the Role:
The Senior Tax Accountant provides accounting, tax planning strategies, and advisory services to individual and business clients; with a focus on preparing related financial statements and tax returns.
Start Date: August 2022
Work Location: Onboarding period at St. Catharines office; then hybrid work arrangement
Job Type: Regular full-time (37.5 hrs/week)
Compensation: $70 – 110K commensurate on experience, learning and development budget, Heath Care Spending Account
Does this sound like your next career move?
Apply here with your resume. We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those advancing through the selection process will be contacted.
WinstonBrock Recruitment, along with our client are equal opportunity employers committed to building a diverse workforce. We believe in fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment that brings people together to realize their full potential. We are committed to compliance with all applicable legislation including providing accommodation for applicants with disabilities. Please advise us at any point during the recruitment and selection process if you require accommodation.