St. Columba Anglican Church
St. Columba Anglican Church located in St. Catharines is a growing and dynamic faith community placing Christ in the centre of all things and following the mission of the Church in faith formation and outreach.
We are seeking an experienced Office Administrator for the Church office on a part time basis, providing secretarial, bookkeeping and schedule co-ordination under the day to day supervision of the Rector, and accountable to the Wardens of St. Columba Anglican Church. The Rector and the Wardens of St. Columba Anglican Church form the Corporation of the St. Columba, a parish of the Anglican Diocese of Niagara.
St. Columba’s Anglican Church welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities for all vacancies. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
- Secretary to the Rector
- Assist with the day to day financial business of the parish such as on-line banking, paying of bills and record keeping
- General office administration and responsible for secretarial duties
- Maintain and update church calendar of events/services, etc.
- Prepare bulletins for all occasions
- Coordinate and facilitate Hall rentals to completion
- Coordinate police record checks for volunteer and staff positions
- Keep an up to date parish data base and records
- Provide minutes for Church meetings
- Other duties as assigned be Rector
- Office Administration experience preferred (3-5 years)
- Strong computer skills with intermediate to advanced skills in Microsoft Office Suite
- Bookkeeping and financial knowledge and experience an asset
- Proactive in helping with planning and prioritizing Church event schedules
- Excellent communication and time management skills
- Ability to work with others or independently to meet goals and fulfill required tasks
- Open, friendly, helpful attitude toward staff, parishioners, visitors and volunteers
- Innovative and good problem solver
- A current, clear Vulnerable Sector Police Record Check is required
This position offers part time hours, 16 hours per week. This is a (1) year renewable contract upon mutual agreement with a 90 day probation period at beginning of initial contract acceptance.
If this sounds like you, please send Resume and Cover Letter to:
Applicants invited to interview will be required to bring two references at time of interview, including contact information. The deadline for receiving application will be May 13th, 2019.