St. John's Ambulance - Niagara Chair-A-Van
PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
Dispatcher & General Office Clerk: To act as dispatcher, receptionist and general office clerk and to provide clerical assistance as required by Manager or Branch staff.
- Appropriately deal with client issues including scheduling, complaints, ticket renewals etc.
- Provide administrative support such as creating spreadsheets or documents, filing and organization.
- Support the work of the Branch Manager, Chair-A-Van and St John Ambulance staff.
- Answer and place confirmation telephone calls, providing information to the general public.
- Support dispatch with updates and communication through dispatch and drivers.
- Process membership applications and monitor membership files.
- Provide program information and advice on application process, schedule changes etc.
- Monitor messages and inform drivers of changes as required.
- Answer radio calls re: accidents, route information, traffic concerns and inform drivers as required.
- Schedule drivers ensuring effective and efficient use of time, vehicles and resources.
- Ensure compliance with policies and procedures pertaining to Chair-A-Van staff.
- Minimum Grade 12 education
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills (verbal and written)
- Able to handle stressful situations, including emergencies, in a calm and professional mannual
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office (Word & Excel)
- Experience in office procedures and operation of office equipment including fax, scanner, photocopier etc
- Able to multi-task and act in an efficient, organized manner with minimal or no direct supervision
- Must provide satisfactory police check prior at beginning employment and thereafter
- Knowledge of Niagara Falls city streets is considered an asset