Staalduinen Floral Ltd.
Staalduinen Floral Ltd. processes & distributes an extensive line of cut flowers, flowering plants, cut greens and floral supplies.
Staalduinen Floral has been a well-respected name in the floral industry for over 50 years with a reputation based upon being the foremost provider of high quality floral products, exceptional service and best-in-class order fulfillment. The company prides itself on its culture of continuous improvement and teamwork.
We are looking to hire a Warehouse-Floral Labourer. This position offers full time hours.
Summary of Tasks
The Warehouse-Floral Labourer reports to the Operations Manager. Primary tasks are:
- Prepare orders for packing
- Prepare orders for shipping
- Inventory control and quality assurance
- Ensure the warehouse is maintained in a clean and organized fashion at all times
- Adhere to all company guidelines, procedures and policies
- Carry out any additional tasks as requested by the Operations Manger
Knowledge & Skills
- Prior experience working in a floral distribution business is an asset
- Training will be provided
The candidate must demonstrate:
- Sound work ethics
- Attention to detail
- Willingness to learn
- Reading & writing proficiency in English
- Excellent communication skills
- Team player oriented with ability to work independently
- High energy, fast-paced warehouse environment with various temperature zones in the warehouse
- Cooler 2 degree Celsius Warehouse/Packing room: 10-18 degrees Celsius
- Willing and able to work in all temperature conditions depending on demand
- Standing most of the shift
- Lifting boxes up to 50lbs.
- Moving floral carts (both full & empty)
- Hours of Work
The warehouse operates from Monday to Saturday.
- Mondays are required
- Some Saturdays are required
- Due to the nature of the floral industry, longer hours will be required around flower holidays