Staalduinen Floral Ltd.
Staalduinen Floral Ltd. processes and distributes an extensive line of cut flowers, flowering plants, cut greens and floral supplies. Staalduinen Floral has been a well-respected name in the floral industry for over 50 years with a reputation based upon being the foremost provider of high quality floral products, exceptional service and best-in-class order fulfillment.
We are seeking an overnight Delivery Driver with a DZ class license.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Operate delivery vehicle in a safe and effective manner in order to minimize the risk of injury, property damage
- Follow MTO regulations and safety standards
- Complete logs and reports
- Adhere to Staalduinen policies and procedures
- Deliver a wide variety of floral products to different addresses
- Load, unload, prepare, inspect and operate delivery vehicle
- Follow route and time schedule
- Collect payments
- Complete reports
Knowledge & Skills
The Delivery Driver is required to have, as a minimum, a valid or DZ Class driver’s license and a clean abstract.
The applicant must have proficient knowledge & skills in the following areas:
- Knowledge of truck and equipment safety
- Knowledge of MTO log rules & regulations and log book recording
- Proven experience as a delivery driver
- Minimum of 3 years of continuous truck driving experience driving as a DZ Class (insurance requirement)
- Customer service experience preferred
- Speaking, reading and writing proficiency in English
The incumbent must demonstrate the following personal attributes:
- Availability & flexibility to work varied hours
- Honest and trustworthy
- Possess cultural awareness and respect
- Demonstrate sound work ethics and time management
- Deal with customer, coworkers and the public in a positive, courteous and respectful manner
The Delivery Driver has a physically strenuous and demanding job.
He/she will be:
- Climbing in and out of vehicle
- Lifting of boxes up to 60lbs.
- Lifting rear roll up door on truck
- Climbing stairs
- Operating and manoeuvring a pallet truck
- Moving floral carts (both full and empty) on and off the truck
- He/she will have to work in all weather conditions
- Hours vary based on the number of stops, current route and distance travelled
- Due to the nature of the floral industry, longer hours will be required around floral holidays
1 to 2 overnight delivery runs per week
- Flat rate for each overnight run
- Benefits available to full-time employees after successful completion of three-month probationary period
- Clean Driver’s Abstract must be provided at the interview for submission to our insurance company
- Training will be provided