STANPAC is a dynamic Canadian based company that has been manufacturing dairy and beverage packaging for more than 60 years. Since 1949 we have been actively committed to expanding our product lines with new products and innovations for the ice cream, milk, wine, and spirit markets. With additional facilities in Texas and New Jersey, Stanpac continues the evolution of our great company by introducing new products, sizes, and configurations for an ever-changing market. We strongly believe that “good people make great packaging”.
We are a growing company with stability and opportunity for advancement for qualified candidates. We are currently looking for a Cost Accountant to join our team.
Perform a range of cost accounting functions, including, but not limited to: product costing and inventory valuation for month end closing, analysis of costs, inventories, and financial performance.
- Analyze sales and margins compared to budget and other benchmarks, and report to management on significant issues; investigate variances
- Update standard costs in the bill of materials
- Create bill of materials for new products
- Management requests for costs, sales and productivity as needed
- Review standard and actual costs for inaccuracies
- Assist with the analysis and reconciliation of accounts, to accomplish closing of the books within the time frame required by management
- Assist in month-end closing, prepare journal entries as necessary, analyze inventory
- Assist with monthly management financial package
- Annual budgeting and forecasting. Investigate and be prepared to explain deviations to budget
- Assist with the annual physical inventory reconciliation; Analyze and investigate discrepancies between physical and book inventories
- Assistance with year-end audit and semi-annual bank field exams
- Perform additional duties as required
- Some travel may be required
- Good knowledge of product costing and inventory is required
- Must have good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong knowledge of cost accounting, budgeting, and financial analysis
- Strong familiarity with Excel including the use of advanced level functions
- Strong attention to detail and persistence in resolving issues and discrepancies
- Strong time management and organization skills
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast paced, multi‐task environment
- Work well in a team environment & as a team player
- Knowledge of Visual Manufacturing is considered as asset
Education & Accreditation:
- Must have a post-secondary degree in Accounting
Please submit a resume and cover letter outlining your salary expectations.