Stanpac has an immediate opening for a Heidelberg Printer to join our team. Must have previous experience working with Heidelberg printers or experience with other lithographic presses.
STANPAC is a dynamic, Canadian based company that has been manufacturing dairy and beverage packaging for more than 60 years. Since 1949 we have been actively committed to expanding our product lines with new products and innovations for the ice cream, fluid milk, wine, and spirit markets. With additional facilities in Texas and New Jersey, Stanpac continues the evolution of our great company by introducing new products, sizes, and configurations for an ever-changing market. We strongly believe that “good people make great packaging”.
Hours: 12-hour rotating continental shifts/8-hour rotations (Season Dependent)
- Review job orders to determine job specifications such as production time, colour sequencing and quantities required, and advise press crew of these specifications
- Monitor regular press runs for quality and consistency using computer control console and make adjustments as required
- Fill ink fountains and take measurements, make adjustments, and determine settings to control colour and viscosity
- Mount plates or cylinders and make necessary adjustments; remove and clean plates and cylinders at end of press run
- Direct activities of press crew and ensure that safety procedures are adhered to
- Participate in the preparation of orders by scanning barcodes and ensuring colour match specifications are met
- Participate in other printing duties as required
- Previous Heidelberg experience preferred, but candidates with other lithographic press experience and willingness to train will also be considered
- Must possess strong mechanical aptitude and understanding of press operation; ability to diagnose associated malfunctions and participate in minor press repairs
- Ability to operate a 40” Heidelberg Printing machine
- Ability to achieve colour matches and position to job specs; must be able to differentiate between colours
- Ability to provide direction to team members
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- A full-time career opportunity with the possibility of advancement
- Extended health and dental benefits after 6 months of employment
- RRSP Matching up to 3% of wages after 1 full year of services
- Enrollment in corporate discount programs after 3 months
- Attendance Bonuses
- Employee Referral Program ($200 gift card when a referral hits their 2-month anniversary)
- Company Picnics, team-building, and more!