STANPAC is a dynamic Canadian based company that has been manufacturing dairy and beverage packaging for more than 60 years! Since 1949 we have been actively committed to expanding our product lines with new products and innovations for the ice cream, fluid milk, wine, and spirits markets. With additional facilities in Texas and New Jersey, Stanpac continues the evolution of our great company by introducing new products, sizes, and configurations for an ever-changing market. We strongly believe that “good people make great packaging!”
We are a growing company with stability and opportunity for advancement for qualified candidates.
We are currently looking for an Afternoon Die Cut Operator to join our team.
The purpose of this role is to punch heat seal lids from rolls, to sleeve then ship to other companies.
- Using the live schedule, determine which order needs to be punched
- Loading machine with correct product. Heavy lifting may be required
- Using the correct boxes and sleeves, fill the order
- Completely eliminate any and all quality issues
- Correct any issues by sorting through the lids then throwing the bad lids away
- Keep paperwork in order and record production numbers into computer
- Other duties may be assigned
- Keeping work area orderly and safe at all times
Physical Requirements: This job is performed within a plant environment.
- Ability to stand, walk, sit, bend, kneel and lift up to 50lbs repetitively
- Ability to adapt to changing climate conditions, air-borne particles and noisy conditions
- Must be willing to wear required Personal Protective Equipment (hairnet, ear plugs, safety glasses, steel toed boots/shoes)
- Must be able to work full time hours
- Excellent attendance is required
- Over time and weekend shifts occasionally required
- Previous experience in a manufacturing environment an asset
- Must have the ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals
- Some previous demonstrated mechanical knowledge
- Possess trouble-shooting skills
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral
- Be self-motivated and can work as part of a team
- Basic math skills
- Good attention to detail
- Great team player with good interpersonal skills
What does Stanpac have to offer you?
- Full time hours in a clean manufacturing environment
- Paid breaks
- Opportunities for advancement
- Health and Dental Benefits
- RRSP matching up to 3%
- Family picnics and team building
- $250 referral bonus when your awesome friend or family member hits their 2 month anniversary
- Shifts: Straight Afternoon shifts
- Hours: Monday – Friday 3PM-11PM