Why Work at Stanpac?
STANPAC is a dynamic Canadian based company that has been manufacturing dairy and beverage packaging for more than 70 years in Smithville Ontario. Since 1949 we have been actively committed to expanding our product lines with new products and innovations for the ice cream, fluid milk, wine, and spirit markets. With additional facilities in Texas and New Jersey, Stanpac continues the evolution of our great company by introducing new products, sizes, and configurations for an ever-changing market. We strongly believe that “Good People Make Great Packaging”.
Stanpac offers a clean and bright work environment where safety is the number one priority. We are a family-operated business offering all new Team Members benefits after 3 months, an RRSP matching program, Food Truck Days, Referral bonuses, and more!
We are looking for talented, reliable and hard-working people who want to make Stanpac a place to grow their careers. Interested candidates are encouraged to learn more about why Stanpac should be your next choice for a career. The current opportunity as an Engineering Technician is in our Engineering Department. This position is a permanent full-time position.
Monday to Friday, Day Shift. Must be available for occasional weekends. Occasional travel is required (must have a valid passport)
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Provide technical assistance to the operations and maintenance departments as required
- Ability to recognize and suggest areas for continuous improvement for equipment and other projects
- Manage assigned projects to ensure all functional, budgetary, and timing requirements are achieved at all Stanpac manufacturing facilities.
- Assist in the evaluation, purchase, installation, and commissioning of production and support equipment and processes
- Process optimization for operations activities
- Other duties as required
- Knowledge of Injection Molding equipment and Injection Molding processes a strong asset
- General knowledge of manufacturing processes, equipment, and infrastructure
- General electrical knowledge will be an asset
- Previous experience working with manufacturing vision systems and bar codes.
- Demonstrated skills in design and fabrication
- Comfortable working directly with manufacturing machinery (i.e. Wrench turning)
- Should have at least 5 years of experience using CAD
What will help you perform the job?
- Must be willing to wear required Personal Protective Equipment (hairnet, ear plugs, safety glasses, steel toed boots/shoes)
Stanpac is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment process. Applicants must make their needs known in advance.
We thank you for your interest in the position and in working for Stanpac – where we are “Good People Who Make Great Packaging! Only those considered for an interview will be contacted.