Why Work at Stanpac?
STANPAC is a dynamic Canadian based company that has been manufacturing dairy and beverage packaging for more than 70 years in Smithville Ontario. Since 1949 we have been actively committed to expanding our product lines with new products and innovations for the ice cream, fluid milk, wine, and spirit markets. With additional facilities in Texas and New Jersey, Stanpac continues the evolution of our great company by introducing new products, sizes, and configurations for an ever-changing market. We strongly believe that “Good People Make Great Packaging”.
Stanpac offers a clean and bright work environment where safety is the number one priority. We are a family-operated business offering all new Team Members benefits after 3 months, bi-weekly perfect attendance bonuses, an RRSP matching program, Food Truck Days, Referral bonuses and more!
We are looking for talented, reliable and hard-working people who want to make Stanpac a place to grow their careers. Interested candidates are encouraged to learn more about why Stanpac should be your next choice for a career. The current opportunity as an Entry Level Die Cut Operator is in our Die Cut Department. This position is a Permanent Full Time Position.
*Bi-weekly Rotating 12 Hour Continental Rotations (7AM-7PM/7PM-7AM)
- Operate Die Cut Machinery to punch out forms for ice cream cups and lids
- Observe and monitor machine operations to detect malfunctions and determine where adjustments are needed
- Inspect, troubleshoot, clean, and adjust production machinery and equipment
- Maintain records of daily production
- Sheet feeding and alignment
- Performs quality checks
- Complete product changeovers and associated tool/die changes
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills with relievers and lead hands
Do You Have What It Takes?
- Previous Bobst operator experience working in a production/manufacturing environment an asset
- Some previous demonstrated mechanical knowledge and troubleshooting abilities
- Possess trouble-shooting skills
Must have the ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral
- Be self-motivated and can work as part of a team
What will help you perform the job?
- Ability to comfortably stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to comfortably walk, sit, bend, and crouch
- Must be willing to wear required Personal Protective Equipment (hairnet, ear plugs, safety glasses, steel toed boots/shoes)
- Able to lift up to 30lbs (occasionally may be required to lift up to 50lbs)
Stanpac is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment process. Applicants must make their needs known in advance.
We thank you for your interest in the position and in working for Stanpac – where we are “Good People Who Make Great Packaging! Only those considered for an interview will be contacted.