Why Work at Stanpac?
STANPAC is a dynamic Canadian based company that has been manufacturing dairy and beverage packaging for more than 70 years in Smithville Ontario. Since 1949 we have been actively committed to expanding our product lines with new products and innovations for the ice cream, fluid milk, wine, and spirit markets. With additional facilities in Texas and New Jersey, Stanpac continues the evolution of our great company by introducing new products, sizes, and configurations for an ever-changing market. We strongly believe that “Good People Make Great Packaging”.
Stanpac offers a clean and bright work environment where safety is the number one priority. We are a family-operated business offering all new Team Members benefits after 3 months, bi-weekly perfect attendance bonuses, an RRSP matching program, Food Truck Days, Referral bonuses and more!
We are looking for talented, reliable and hard-working people who want to make Stanpac a place to grow their careers. With multiple opportunities in our packaging manufacturing plant, interested candidates are encouraged to learn more about why Stanpac should be your next choice for a career. The current opportunity is in our Facilities Department as a
Facilities Mechanic. This position is a Full Time, permanent role.
Shift: Day Shift Monday – Friday; Overtime available
Wages: Determined based on incoming candidates’ experience and skills
- Observes and monitors all areas of the facility for ongoing maintenance requirements and carries out preventative maintenance programs as directed
- Maintain effective equipment maintenance schedule and records on all company equipment and tools
- Maintains safe working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations
- HVAC maintenance and repairs
- Coordinating with contractors
- Perform repairs on drywall, paint, doors, locks and hardware
- Grounds maintenance (snow removal, etc)
- Maintains work area in a clean, orderly and safe manner and assures proper care and use of tools, equipment and supplies
- Fabricate repair parts by using machine shop instrumentation and equipment
- Procure parts for necessary repairs and adjustments
- Management of parts inventory
- Other duties as assigned
Do You Have What It Takes?
- Previous maintenance experience an asset
- Minimum grade 12 or equivalent
- Ability to deal with uncertainty
- Troubleshooting skills
- Basic electrical experience
- Basic HVAC experience
- Must be self-motivated and able to work well without supervision, and also able to work well as part of a team
- Strong mechanical and technical understanding
What will help you perform the job?
- Comfortable in a fast paced and at times, stressful environment
- Ability to demonstrate a sense of urgency
- Ability to stand, walk, sit, bend, kneel and lift up to 30 lbs
- Ability to adapt to noisy conditions
- Positive attitude with a focus on both internal and external customers
Stanpac is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment process. Applicants must make their needs known in advance.
We thank you for your interest in the position and in working for Stanpac - where we are “Good People Who Make Great Packaging! Only those considered for an interview will be contacted.