Why Work at Stanpac?
STANPAC is a dynamic Canadian based company that has been manufacturing dairy and beverage packaging for more than 70 years in Smithville Ontario. Since 1949 we have been actively committed to expanding our product lines with new products and innovations for the ice cream, fluid milk, wine, and spirit markets. With additional facilities in Texas and New Jersey, Stanpac continues the evolution of our great company by introducing new products, sizes, and configurations for an ever-changing market. We strongly believe that “Good People Make Great Packaging”.
Stanpac offers a clean and bright work environment where safety is the number one priority. We are a family-operated business offering all new Team Members benefits after 3 months, bi-weekly perfect attendance bonuses, an RRSP matching program, Food Truck Days, Referral bonuses, and more!
We are looking for talented, reliable and hard-working people who want to make Stanpac a place to grow their careers. Interested candidates are encouraged to learn more about why Stanpac should be your next choice for a career. The current opportunity as a Field Service Technician is in our Parts and Service Department. This position is a Permanent Full-Time position.
Monday to Friday, Day Shift; Occasional overtime as needed
*This position is a travelling position. The successful candidate MUST be able to travel between Canada, the USA, and the Caribbean
- Build, install, maintain and repair ice cream filling equipment
- Ensure equipment in the field is running at its highest efficiency
- Performing preventative maintenance on equipment
- Troubleshoot and fix customer issues with filling equipment
- Conduct cleaning responsibilities as needed
- Focusing on working safely
Do You Have What It Takes?
- Previous maintenance experience with production machinery an asset
- Experience with mechanics, pneumatics and basic welding is an asset
- Ability to meet and exceed customer expectation to achieve total customer satisfaction
- If you do not have experience at work. Explain what types of things you fix, cars, mechanical etc.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, SolidWorks or AutoCad an asset
- Must be willing and able to travel throughout Canada, United States, and Caribbean**
- Must have own hand tools
- Be self-motivated and can work as part of a team
What will help you perform the job?
- Ability to comfortably stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to comfortably walk, sit, bend, and crouch
- Must be willing to wear required Personal Protective Equipment (hairnet, ear plugs, safety glasses, steel toed boots/shoes)
- Able to lift up to 30lbs (occasionally may be required to lift up to 50lbs)
Stanpac is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment process. Applicants must make their needs known in advance.
We thank you for your interest in the position and in working for Stanpac - where we are “Good People Who Make Great Packaging! Only those considered for an interview will be contacted.