STANPAC is a dynamic Canadian based company that has been manufacturing dairy and beverage packaging for more than 70 years in Smithville Ontario. Since 1949 we have been actively committed to expanding our product lines with new products and innovations for the ice cream, fluid milk, wine, and spirit markets. With additional facilities in Texas and New Jersey, Stanpac continues the evolution of our great company by introducing new products, sizes, and configurations for an ever-changing market. We strongly believe that “Good People Make Great Packaging”.
Stanpac offers a clean and bright work environment where safety is the number one priority. We are a family-operated business offering all new Team Members benefits after 3 months, bi-weekly perfect attendance bonuses, an RRSP matching program, Food Truck Days, Referral bonuses and more!
We are looking for talented, reliable and hard-working people who want to make Stanpac a place to grow their careers. Interested candidates are encouraged to learn more about why Stanpac should be your next choice for a career. The current opportunity as a Flexo Printer Operator is in our Printing Department. This position is a Permanent Full Time Position.
*8 hour shifts. Nights 11pm to 7am, Afternoons 3pm to 11pm, Days 7am to 3pm, or rotating
- Set up and run print jobs in relation to production schedule
- Operate flexo press and relay print issues to Printing Department Manager
- Set-up print jobs by ensuring colour match specifications are met
- Secure materials needed to run machine
- Work effectively with other departments to maximize efficiencies and ensure safety
- Scan barcode prior to running print job and use computer to print label for finished goods material
- Provide daily, weekly and monthly maintenance to the press
- Follow all safety procedures, attend monthly safety meeting
- Comply with HACPP, SQF and GMP relating to packaging environment
- Coordinate internal service repairs or maintenance
- Coordinate outside service vendors when needed
- Complete required paperwork of Press tasks (quality checks, job set-up, etc.)
- Other duties as assigned
- Previous flexo press Printing experience (1-2 years)
- Ability to colour match
- Mechanically inclined with the ability to trouble-shoot mechanical issues as they arise on the Press
- Ability to move large rolls of paper and load onto press
- Can work in fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Able to prioritize workloads based on production demands
- Working knowledge of computers
- Ability to work independently with strong attention to detail
What will help you perform the job?
- Ability to comfortably stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to comfortably walk, sit, bend, and crouch
- Must be willing to wear required Personal Protective Equipment (hairnet, ear plugs, safety glasses, steel toed boots/shoes)
- Able to lift up to 30lbs (occasionally may be required to lift up to 50lbs)