Why Work at Stanpac?
STANPAC is a dynamic Canadian based company that has been manufacturing dairy and beverage packaging for more than 70 years in Smithville Ontario. Since 1949 we have been actively committed to expanding our product lines with new products and innovations for the ice cream, fluid milk, wine, and spirit markets. With additional facilities in Texas and New Jersey, Stanpac continues the evolution of our great company by introducing new products, sizes, and configurations for an ever-changing market. We strongly believe that “Good People Make Great Packaging”.
Stanpac offers a clean and bright work environment where safety is the number one priority. We are a family-operated business offering all new Team Members benefits after 3 months, bi-weekly perfect attendance bonuses, an RRSP matching program, Food Truck Days, Referral bonuses and more!
We are looking for talented, reliable and hard-working people who want to make Stanpac a place to grow their careers. Interested candidates are encouraged to learn more about why Stanpac should be your next choice for a career. The current opportunity as a Maintenance Mechanic is in our Ink Decorating Maintenance Department. This position is a Permanent Full Time Position.
Minimum 8-hour shifts with required overtime and rotations. Shift flexibility an asset.
- Ensure operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventative maintenance requirements on motors, conveyor systems, and production machines within scope of experience
- Locate sources of problems by observing mechanical devices in operation; listening for problems; using precision measurement and testing instruments
- Seek assistance from Maintenance Lead where necessary
- Work alongside production workers to resolve quality, productivity and safety issues in a professional manner
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations
- Other duties as assigned
Do You Have What It Takes?
- Previous maintenance experience working in a production/manufacturing environment is an asset, but not a requirement
- Minimum grade 12 or equivalent
- Some knowledge of Mechanical, Electrical, PLC, Hydraulic, and Pneumatic principles
- Strong mechanical and technical understanding.
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to build and maintain positive relationships with vendors
- Ability to use common hand tools
- Required to adhere to all safety rules and regulations
- Be self-motivated and can work as part of a team
- Flexibility to be on call and respond to urgent matters (Night shift or weekend breakdown causing safety issues or massive production interruptions)
What will help you perform the job?
- Ability to comfortably stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to comfortably walk, sit, bend, and crouch
- Ability to remain calm under pressure
- Ability to work in a hot climate throughout summer months
- Must be willing to wear required Personal Protective Equipment (ear plugs, safety glasses, steel toed boots/shoes)
- Able to lift up to 30lbs (occasionally may be required to lift up to 50lbs)
Stanpac is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment process. Applicants must make their needs known in advance.
We thank you for your interest in the position and in working for Stanpac - where we are “Good People Who Make Great Packaging! Only those considered for an interview will be contacted.