Why Work at Stanpac?
STANPAC is a dynamic Canadian based company that has been manufacturing dairy and beverage packaging for more than 70 years in Smithville Ontario. Since 1949 we have been actively committed to expanding our product lines with new products and innovations for the ice cream, fluid milk, wine, and spirit markets. With additional facilities in Texas and New Jersey, Stanpac continues the evolution of our great company by introducing new products, sizes, and configurations for an ever-changing market. We strongly believe that “Good People Make Great Packaging”.
Stanpac offers a clean and bright work environment where safety is the number one priority. We are a family-operated business offering all new Team Members benefits after 3 months, bi-weekly perfect attendance bonuses, an RRSP matching program, Food Truck Days, Referral bonuses and more!
We are looking for talented, reliable and hard-working people who want to make Stanpac a place to grow their careers. Interested candidates are encouraged to learn more about why Stanpac should be your next choice for a career. The current opportunity as a Maintenance Mechanic is in our Ink Decorating Maintenance Department. This position is a permanent full time position.
- Ensure operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventative maintenance requirements on motors, conveyor systems, and production machines
- Locate sources of problems by observing mechanical devices in operation; listening for problems; using precision measurement and testing instruments
- Control downtime by informing production workers of routine maintenance techniques; monitoring compliance
- Fabricate repair parts by using machine shop instrumentation and equipment.
- Assemble and align gears, bearings and shafts
- Maintain effective equipment maintenance schedules and records using company issued laptop
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations
- Procure parts for necessary repairs and adjustments
- Management of parts inventory
Do You Have What It Takes?
- Previous maintenance experience working in a production/manufacturing environment is an asset, but not a requirement
- Minimum grade 12 or equivalent
- Some knowledge of Mechanical, Electrical, PLC, Hydraulic, and Pneumatic principles
- Strong mechanical and technical understanding
- Strong attention to detail
- Basic electrical experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to build and maintain positive relationships with vendors
- Required to adhere to all safety rules and regulations
- Be self-motivated and can work as part of a team
- Working knowledge of MS Office, Upkeep, and Smartsheets an asset
- Flexibility to be on call and respond to urgent matters (Night shift or weekend breakdown causing safety issues or massive production interruptions)
What will help you perform the job?
- Ability to comfortably stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to comfortably walk, sit, bend, and crouch
- Must be willing to wear required Personal Protective Equipment (hairnet, ear plugs, safety glasses, steel toed boots/shoes)
- Able to lift up to 30lbs. (occasionally may be required to lift up to 50lbs.)