Why Work at Stanpac?
STANPAC is a dynamic Canadian based company that has been manufacturing dairy and beverage packaging for more than 70 years in Smithville Ontario. Since 1949 we have been actively committed to expanding our product lines with new products and innovations for the ice cream, fluid milk, wine, and spirit markets. With additional facilities in Texas and New Jersey, Stanpac continues the evolution of our great company by introducing new products, sizes, and configurations for an ever-changing market. We strongly believe that “Good People Make Great Packaging”.
Stanpac offers a clean and bright work environment where safety is the number one priority. We are a family-operated business offering all new Team Members benefits after 3 months, bi-weekly perfect attendance bonuses, an RRSP matching program, Food Truck Days, Referral bonuses and more!
We are looking for talented, reliable and hard-working people who want to make Stanpac a place to grow their careers. Interested candidates are encouraged to learn more about why Stanpac should be your next choice for a career. The current opportunity as a Maintenance Lead is in our Ink Decorating Maintenance Department. This position is a Permanent Full Time Position.
Mon-Fri 7am-3:00pm, some overtime and on-call required.
- Work closely with Production and Engineering teams to establish long and short-term goals and lead maintenance personnel to execute on these goals
- Ensure operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventative maintenance requirements on motors, conveyor systems, and production machines
- Locate sources of problems by observing mechanical devices in operation, listening for problems, using precision measurement, and testing instruments to apply appropriate repairs
- Fabricate repair parts by using machine shop instrumentation and equipment
- Maintain effective equipment maintenance schedules and records on all company equipment and tools
- Procure parts for necessary repairs and adjustments
- Management and development of parts inventory
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations
- Assist with hiring and training of Maintenance personnel
- Other duties as assigned
- Industrial Millwright Certification is required
- At least 5 years of previous maintenance experience working in a production/manufacturing environment – experience in a packaging facility is a strong asset
- Good knowledge of Mechanical, Electrical, PLC, Hydraulic, and Pneumatic principles
- Strong mechanical and technical understanding
- Has the ability to work within competing deadlines
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral
- Ability to build and maintain positive relationships with vendors
- Required to adhere to all safety rules and regulations
- Be self-motivated and can work as part of a team
- Working knowledge of MS Office, Upkeep, and Smartsheets an asset
What will help you perform the job?
- Ability to stand, walk, sit, bend, kneel and lift
- Ability to adapt to a hot climate and noisy conditions
- Ability to remain calm under pressure
- Must be willing to wear required Personal Protective Equipment (ear plugs, safety glasses, steel toed boots/shoes)
Stanpac is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment process. Applicants must make their needs known in advance.
We thank you for your interest in the position and in working for Stanpac - where we are “Good People Who Make Great Packaging! Only those considered for an interview will be contacted.