STANPAC is a dynamic Canadian based company that has been manufacturing dairy and beverage packaging for more than 70 years in Smithville Ontario. Since 1949 we have been actively committed to expanding our product lines with new products and innovations for the ice cream, fluid milk, wine, and spirit markets. With additional facilities in Texas and New Jersey, Stanpac continues the evolution of our great company by introducing new products, sizes, and configurations for an ever-changing market. We strongly believe that “Good People Make Great Packaging”.
Stanpac offers a clean and bright work environment where safety is the number one priority. We are a family-operated business offering all new Team Members benefits after 3 months, bi-weekly perfect attendance bonuses, an RRSP matching program, Food Truck Days, Referral bonuses and more!
We are looking for talented, reliable and hard-working people who want to make Stanpac a place to grow their careers. Interested candidates are encouraged to learn more about why Stanpac should be your next choice for a career. The current opportunity is for a Maintenance Parts Clerk and is a Full Time, Permanent position.
*8-hour day shifts, Monday to Friday, though overtime may occasionally be required
- Set up and maintain stock levels for repair/maintenance parts, including descriptions, pricing, stock, and location for all parts
- Receive parts from deliveries, log into computer system, and match paperwork for received parts to purchase order
- Contact vendors as needed to obtain quotes and follow up on parts orders
- Perform inventory counts regularly and create reports as needed by Management, identify trends in parts usage data
- Receive and transfer parts between facilities as needed, ensuring taken parts have been logged
- Assist in planning work projects for the Maintenance department, including creating work orders and writing process descriptions
- Pick up specific parts and items when needed immediately to avoid downtime
- Support all safety, food quality, and other policies
- Other duties as assigned
- Be knowledgeable about machines and tools, including their design, uses, repair, and maintenance
- Able to communicate effectively verbally and through written correspondence
- Know how to use basic computer systems
- Able to follow all safety procedures and policies in place
- Quick thinking with the ability to identify alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems
- Able to work well independently and as part of a team
What will help you perform the job?
- Ability to comfortably stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to comfortably walk, sit, bend, and crouch
- Must be willing to wear required Personal Protective Equipment (hairnet, ear plugs, safety glasses, steel toed boots/shoes)
- Able to lift up to 30lbs (occasionally may be required to lift up to 50lbs)