Why Work at Stanpac?
STANPAC is a dynamic Canadian based company that has been manufacturing dairy and beverage packaging for more than 70 years in Smithville Ontario. Since 1949 we have been actively committed to expanding our product lines with new products and innovations for the ice cream, fluid milk, wine, and spirit markets. With additional facilities in Texas and New Jersey, Stanpac continues the evolution of our great company by introducing new products, sizes, and configurations for an ever-changing market. We strongly believe that “Good People Make Great Packaging”.
Stanpac offers a clean and bright work environment where safety is the number one priority. We are a family-operated business offering all new Team Members benefits after 3 months, bi-weekly perfect attendance bonuses, an RRSP matching program, Food Truck Days, Referral bonuses and more!
We are looking for a talented, reliable and hard-working person who wants to make Stanpac a place to start their career. We are currently looking for a Production Scheduling Assistant to join our team. This will be a permanent, full-time position.
Monday to Friday, Day Shift
- Provide exceptional service to all external and internal customers
- Keep up to date records of upcoming CO shortages, Production shortages and other records as assigned
- Monitor white stock reports on a regular basis and request new orders as necessary
- Work closely with our customer service, production and shipping teams to ensure customers’ needs are met and exceeded
- Make suggestion and provide input for continuous improvement
- Take initiative in making necessary and informed decisions based on facts and findings when needed
- Comply with current Stanpac safety regulations while in plant area
- Knowledge of HACCP, SQF and GMP’s as it relates to packaging environment
- Other duties as assigned
Do You Have What It Takes?
- Strong communication skills, written and oral
- Good computer aptitude
- Accuracy and attention to detail in every aspect of work
- Proven track record of good attendance and reliability
- Good problem solving, time management and organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize
- Ability to think outside the box; critical thinking
- Positive attitude with a focus on the internal/external customer
- Ability to adapt to ever changing situations
- Comfortable in a fast paced and at times stressful environment
What will help you perform the job?
- Ability to apply common sense and good judgement when dealing with various situations as they arise
- Must be willing to wear required Personal Protective Equipment (hairnet, ear plugs, safety glasses, steel toed boots/shoes) while in Plant Area
- Be a good team player with excellent people skills
- Currently taking a Business or Operations focussed degree is an asset
Stanpac is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment process. Applicants must make their needs known in advance.