Why Work at Stanpac?
STANPAC is a dynamic Canadian based company that has been manufacturing dairy and beverage packaging for more than 70 years in Smithville Ontario. Since 1949 we have been actively committed to expanding our product lines with new products and innovations for the ice cream, fluid milk, wine, and spirit markets. With additional facilities in Texas and New Jersey, Stanpac continues the evolution of our great company by introducing new products, sizes, and configurations for an ever-changing market. We strongly believe that “Good People Make Great Packaging”.
Stanpac offers a clean and bright work environment where safety is the number one priority. We are a family-operated business offering all new Team Members benefits after 3 months, bi-weekly perfect attendance bonuses, an RRSP matching program, Food Truck Days, Referral bonuses, and more!
We are looking for talented, reliable and hard-working people who want to make Stanpac a place to grow their careers. Interested candidates are encouraged to learn more about why Stanpac should be your next choice for a career. The current opportunity as a Quality Technician is in our Quality Department. This position is a Permanent Full Time position.
*12 hour continental rotating shifts
Purpose of the Role:
The purpose of this role is to ensure compliance with all company food and safety policies and procedures and ensure that completed product is of good quality and within specifications.
- Ensure compliance with company policies and procedures regarding food safety standards (SQF Code) throughout the manufacturing facility
- Audit production and packaging processes to ensure compliance with product specifications
- Assist with coaching and quality training of production personnel
- Maintain and troubleshoot anti-mix detection systems (vision and barcode systems)
- Maintain all controlled document including forms, SOPs, notices, etc.
- Work collaboratively with members of the production department to verify these are maintained and any required modifications occur and are approved
- Perform inspections of products at both the plant and warehouse located off site
- Work directly with production management and supervisors to address any quality or safety concerns
- Participate in safety initiatives and improvement measures completing all related documentation
- Provide assistance to the Quality Manager and Coordinator for projects related to research and development, production technology, and quality control
- Other related duties as assigned
- Ensure compliance with all Health and Safety Regulations and Company Policies
- Perform inspections of health and safety equipment
- Assist in the maintenance of the Stanpac Health and Safety Manual and forms
- Ensure all employees adhere to company policies and procedures
Do You Have What It Takes?
- Excellent attendance is a must
- Great attitude and ability to work in a team environment is mandatory
- Self-starter and ability to prioritize
- Solid understanding of a production environment required
- Good hand eye coordination, and ability to work at a fast pace
- Clear written and verbal communication
- Ability to use a computer
- Previous experience working in a fast-paced environment with a Quality or Safety role an asset
- Organizational skills- strong time and task management skills
- Work independently
- Strong computer skills
- Be detail oriented
What will help you perform the job?
- Ability to comfortably stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to comfortably walk, sit, bend, and crouch
- Must be willing to wear required Personal Protective Equipment (hairnet, ear plugs, safety glasses, steel toed boots/shoes)
- Able to lift up to 30lbs (occasionally may be required to lift up to 50lbs)