Why Work at Stanpac?
STANPAC is a dynamic Canadian based company that has been manufacturing dairy and beverage packaging for more than 70 years in Smithville Ontario. Since 1949 we have been actively committed to expanding our product lines with new products and innovations for the ice cream, fluid milk, wine, and spirit markets. With additional facilities in Texas and New Jersey, Stanpac continues the evolution of our great company by introducing new products, sizes, and configurations for an ever-changing market. We strongly believe that “Good People Make Great Packaging”.
Stanpac offers a clean and bright work environment where safety is the number one priority. We are a family-operated business offering all new Team Members benefits after 3 months, bi-weekly perfect attendance bonuses, an RRSP matching program, Food Truck Days, Referral bonuses and more!
We are looking for talented, reliable and hard-working people who want to make Stanpac a place to grow their careers. Interested candidates are encouraged to learn more about why Stanpac should be your next choice for a career. The current opportunity as a Senior Bottle Loader is in our Ink Decorating Department.
- 12 Hour Continental Rotations (7AM-7PM/7PM-7AM)
- Assist Lead Hand as required
- Assist with the direction of bottle loaders and unloaders to workstations as necessary
- Perform quality inspections and follow policies regarding quality standards
- Effectively communicate any quality issues to Lead Hand
- Effectively report any maintenance needs to Lead-Hand
- Operate food packaging production machines as necessary
- Maintain a clean and organized work environment
- Seek ways to improve production processes and effectively communicate ideas and feedback to production manager and lead hand
- Perform training of bottle loaders and unloaders in compliance with company policies and practices
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma
- Experience in a fast-paced production environment an asset
- Experience with machine operation an asset
- Ability to demonstrate effective communication skills both verbally and written
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities on an ongoing basis
- Well organized
- Willingness to share opinions and expertise to solve problems
- Positive attitude with a focus on customers and co-workers
What will help you perform the job?
- Ability to comfortably stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to comfortably walk, sit, bend, and crouch
- Must be willing to wear required Personal Protective Equipment (hairnet, ear plugs, safety glasses, steel toed boots/shoes)
- Able to lift up to 30lbs (occasionally may be required to lift up to 50lbs)
Stanpac is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment process. Applicants must make their needs known in advance.
We thank you for your interest in the position and in working for Stanpac – where we are “Good People Who Make Great Packaging! Only those considered for an interview will be contacted.