Why Work at Stanpac?
STANPAC is a dynamic Canadian based company that has been manufacturing dairy and beverage packaging for more than 70 years in Smithville Ontario. Since 1949 we have been actively committed to expanding our product lines with new products and innovations for the ice cream, fluid milk, wine, and spirit markets. With additional facilities in Texas and New Jersey, Stanpac continues the evolution of our great company by introducing new products, sizes, and configurations for an ever-changing market. We strongly believe that “Good People Make Great Packaging”.
Stanpac offers a clean and bright work environment where safety is the number one priority. We are a family-operated business offering all new Team Members benefits after 6 months, bi-weekly perfect attendance bonuses, an RRSP matching program, Food Truck Days, Referral bonuses and more!
We are looking for talented, reliable and hard-working people who want to make Stanpac a place to grow their careers. With multiple opportunities on our packaging production lines, interested candidates are encouraged to learn more about why Stanpac should be your next choice for a career.
The current Shipper – Receiver Material Handler opportunity is permanent and full-time. This position is based out of our Hamilton Facility.
*Either 12 hour bi-weekly continental shift rotations
8 hour bi-weekly rotations (Days and Afternoons).
*The rotations may change based on department need. The ideal candidate would be able to work both shift rotations.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Must have a minimum of 3 years’ experience in a Forklift role within a busy manufacturing area
- Current forklift certification is preferred
- Assure raw materials, WIP and finished goods are maintained in a safe, clean and orderly condition as per established work instructions
- Perform inventory counts, order materials and arrange shipments as required
- Pick, stage and load orders, and arrange for proper paper work completion
- Support other departments (Purchasing, Customer Service, Production, Quality, Maintenance, Shipping, Parts, Brockton, etc.) as necessary
- Maintain excellent safety and quality records
- Contribute to an atmosphere of continuous improvement in all areas, focusing on safety, quality and production efficiencies, both within the Logistics Department and Stanpac as a whole
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Comply with all Stanpac policies
Do you have what it takes?
- A minimum of 3 years forklift experience
- Previous shipping experience preferred
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs such as Word, Excel and Outlook
- Able to work effectively individually and in a team environment
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work well under pressure within competing deadlines
- Ability to interact and communicate well with co-workers
What will help you perform the job?
- Ability to comfortably stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to comfortably walk, sit, bend, and crouch
- Must be willing to wear required Personal Protective Equipment (hairnet, ear plugs, safety glasses, steel toed boots/shoes)
- Able to lift up to 30lbs (occasionally may be required to lift up to 50lbs)
Stanpac is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment process. Applicants must make their needs known in advance.
We thank you for your interest in the position and in working for Stanpac – where we are “Good People Who Make Great Packaging! Only those considered for an interview will be contacted.