Why Work at Stanpac?
STANPAC is a dynamic Canadian based company that has been manufacturing dairy and beverage packaging for more than 70 years in Smithville Ontario. Since 1949 we have been actively committed to expanding our product lines with new products and innovations for the ice cream, fluid milk, wine, and spirit markets. With additional facilities in Texas and New Jersey, Stanpac continues the evolution of our great company by introducing new products, sizes, and configurations for an ever-changing market. We strongly believe that “Good People Make Great Packaging”.
Stanpac offers a clean and bright work environment where safety is the number one priority. We are a family-operated business offering all new Team Members benefits after 3 months, bi-weekly perfect attendance bonuses, an RRSP matching program, Food Truck Days, Referral bonuses and more!
We are looking for talented, reliable and hard-working people who want to make Stanpac a place to grow their careers. Interested candidates are encouraged to learn more about why Stanpac should be your next choice for a career. We currently have multiple Printing Department opportunities available. These are all Permanent, Full Time positions and can include Sheeter, Press Feeder, Press Labourer, Heidelberg Printer, and more.
*12 Hour Continental Rotations (7AM-7PM/7PM-7AM)
- Ensure machine has sufficient materials, including but not limited to paper and ink to meet customer requirements
- Install plates on the press
- Operate various machinery as required (related to printing)
- Set up and run print jobs in relation to production schedule
- Operate Flexo or Heidelberg press and relay print issues to Printing Department Manager
- Set-up print jobs by ensuring colour match specifications are met
- Manoeuver large rolls of paper to be fed into Sheeting Machine, Printers, etc.
- Meet customer requirements by completing relevant checklists, cleaning the presses and working effectively with other departments to satisfy order details
- Be able to troubleshoot mechanical and computer issues as they arise on the press
- Complete required paperwork accurately with high attention to detail
- Share relevant and pertinent information with the team by remaining in constant communication with the print team
- Tag skids as required
- Other duties as assigned
Do You Have What It Takes?
- 1-2 years of experience in a similar environment
- Previous printing experience is an asset
- Working knowledge of computers with the ability to troubleshoot technical issues
- Detail-oriented with the ability to prioritize tasks within a deadline-driven environment
- Able to trouble-shoot machinery issues that may arise
- Works well within a team and communicates effectively with all team members; also able to work independently
- Can adapt well to ever-changing situations
- Great attendance
- Able to prioritize workloads based on production demands
What will help you perform the job?
- Ability to comfortably stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to comfortably walk, sit, bend, and crouch.
- Must be willing to wear required Personal Protective Equipment (hairnet, ear plugs, safety glasses, steel toed boots/shoes)
- Able to lift up to 30lbs (occasionally may be required to lift up to 50lbs)
Stanpac is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment process. Applicants must make their needs known in advance.