Part Time Die Cut Operator – #7041 – L
Why Work at Stanpac?
STANPAC is a dynamic Canadian based company that has been manufacturing dairy and beverage packaging for more than 70 years in Smithville Ontario. Since 1949 we have been actively committed to expanding our product lines with new products and innovations for the ice cream, fluid milk, wine, and spirit markets. With additional facilities in Texas and New Jersey, Stanpac continues the evolution of our great company by introducing new products, sizes, and configurations for an ever-changing market. We strongly believe that “Good People Make Great Packaging”.
Stanpac offers a clean and bright work environment where safety is the number one priority. We are a family-operated business offering all new Team Members benefits after 3 months, bi-weekly perfect attendance bonuses, an RRSP matching program, Food Truck Days, Referral bonuses and more!
We are looking for talented, reliable and hard-working people who want to make Stanpac a place to grow their careers. With multiple opportunities on our packaging production lines, interested candidates are encouraged to learn more about why Stanpac should be your next choice for a career. The current opportunity is for a Weekend Die Cut Operator and is a Part Time, Permanent position.
*8-Hour day shift, Saturday and Sunday, 7AM-3PM
***Please note, the successful candidate will be able to train during the week on day shift before transitioning to the weekend hours.
The purpose of this role is to punch heat seal lids from rolls, to sleeve then ship to other companies.
- Using the live schedule, determine which order needs to be punched
- Loading machine with correct product; heavy lifting may be required
- Using the correct boxes and sleeves, fill the order
- Completely eliminate any and all quality issues
- Correct any issues by sorting through the lids then throwing the bad lids away
- Keep paperwork in order and record production numbers into computer
- Other duties may be assigned
- Keeping work area orderly and safe at all times
- Previous experience in a manufacturing environment an asset
- Must have the ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals
- Some previous demonstrated mechanical knowledge and troubleshooting abilities
- Possess trouble-shooting skills
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral
- Be self-motivated and can work as part of a team
- Basic math skills
- Good attention to detail
- Great team player with good interpersonal skills
What will help you perform the job?
- Ability to comfortably stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to comfortably walk, sit, bend, and crouch
- Must be willing to wear required Personal Protective Equipment (hairnet, ear plugs, safety glasses, steel toed boots/shoes)
- Able to lift up to 30lbs (occasionally may be required to lift up to 50lbs)