Natural Insect Control is a family owned and operated business since 1989. NIC specialises in bio-control for commercial growers, wholesalers, distributors and the consumer market. As the only Canadian producer of Beneficial Nematodes, NIC is in a unique position to lead the Canadian industry towards more sustainable and environmentally sound practices and offer products and services that are an alternative to chemicals for home, garden and commercial growers.
1. Provide support for logistic processes including (but not limited to):
- Packing of NIC products based on NIC protocol
- Mange shipping time frames to correlate with carrier cut-offs
- Preparing of production or product materials, such as, labelling, folding inserts, break down of bulk products, making boxes, counting stock etc
- Any and all processes required in the production of NIC product lines
2. Inventory Administration:
- Accept, quality count and store incoming products
- Process required paperwork to appropriate department
- Awareness and information sharing of product quantities to ensure product availability
3. Transport of NIC product from laboratory facility to office facility.
4. Building and ground maintenance and repair at all facilities.
5. Support as required for and at the laboratory facility.
6. Other projects as required from time to time by laboratory supervisor and/or Entomologist.
- Adhere to all NIC Policies and Procedures
- Duty of care towards yourself, colleagues, and NIC for proactive Workplace Health and Safety
- Directly accountable to laboratory Supervisor
- Work collaboratively with colleagues to ensure smooth completion of laboratory work processes
- Occasional weekend and evening work required at the direction of the laboratory Supervisor or Entomologist
Immediate start, no prior experience required. All training on the job.
Remuneration: $14.00/hr to start with the potential to increase to $14.50
Full time position. Monday – Friday 9am – 5pm
Seasonal roles from April – September 2018
Clean drivers licence required. Access to the USA an asset (passport or enhanced drivers licence).