A local funeral home is seeking a Funeral Home Associate to work weekday afternoons (Monday to Friday from 1 – 5 pm), with strong interpersonal, communication, organizational and multi-tasking skills with strong attention to detail. Must be able to work both independently with little supervision cooperatively with others. Mature with sound judgment and the ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines. There is also a large physical component to this position, with much walking, standing and lifting involved. The candidate must be able to handle sensitive and confidential matters, and to communicate with families and the public with compassion and sensitivity (in person, over the phone and via email). Excellent computer skills are necessary.
- Assisting with floral deliveries and the set up of visitations, services and other events as required
- Performing extensive housekeeping/cleaning duties; includes exposure to cleaning solvents
- Greeting people, directing them to the appropriate location
- Welcoming the public, assisting with hanging of outerwear
- Courteous, professional telephone manner for receiving and directing phone calls
- Responding to ongoing public and visitor inquiries
- Data entry and general administrative duties (a variety of computer work, photocopying, emailing, printing, faxing, etc.) all requiring strong typing and computer skills