SunOpta Inc. is a leading global company focused on organic, non-genetically modified (“non-GMO”) and specialty foods. SunOpta specializes in the sourcing, processing and packaging of organic and non-GMO food products, integrated from seed through packaged products; with a focus on strategic vertically integrated business models. With about 1,800 global employees, SunOpta’s organic and non-GMO food operations revolve around value-added grain, seed, fruit and vegetable based product offerings, supported by a global sourcing and supply infrastructure.
We are hiring Material Handlers. This position offers full time, 40 hrs/week with benefits after 3 month probationary period. Lots of opportunity for growth and increased wages.
Our staff are required to maintain a weekly shift rotation as follows (MAD rotation):
Midnights 10pm-6am (shift premium $1.00/hr)
Afternoons 2pm-10pm (shift premium $0.50/hr)
This position is responsible for the delivery and take away of raw and finished material to and from staging areas and assisting with production needs.
- Must be forklift certified
- Perform and document all inspections on forklifts
- Must be able to read and understand inventory batch tickets
- Stage and prepare ingredients and materials as outlined on batch tickets
- Must be able to understand FIFO concepts
- Load and unload trucks as needed
- Utilize the production tools and wireless handheld computers to correctly issue and scan materials that are consumed for production
- Responsible for proper shift handoff with oncoming/outgoing operators
- Trouble shoot and resolve basic to moderate operating issues involving inventory
- Communicate to all other facility personnel regarding any delays or problems that may hinder production
- Must follow all employee safety, food safety and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s)
- Must wear all required PPE as required, including safety glasses, gloves and seatbelts
- Complete all required paperwork in a neat and professional manner
- Must be able to work independently, as well as professionally with other team members
- Complete additional duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
High school diploma or equivalent required. Associated degree or higher preferred; or two years related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Preferably two years of forklift experience in a food manufacturing environment.
Knowledge and Skills:
Must possess the knowledge and understanding of basic math skills including weight calculations, averages and percentages. Outstanding verbal, written and multi-tasking skills. Experience with Oracle is beneficial.
None, unless off-site training is required.
Work Environment/Physical Demands:
- Forklift certification
- Must be available to work rotating shifts: days, afternoons, nights
- Must be able to lift approximately 50lbs
- Must have reliable transportation (location is off bus route)
- Strong attention to detail
- 100% of work involves being in the manufacturing environment
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
The Employer is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Employer does not discriminate in employment and no question on this application is used for the purpose of limiting or excusing any applicant’s consideration for employment on a basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.