The Employment Help Centre
The Employment Help Centre (EHC) – located in Beamsville, Grimsby and Smithville – is a not-for-profit organization providing a full range of employment services and supports to both job seekers and employers. We consult with community stakeholders to identify local needs and then develop strategies to respond to these requirements. We continue to build partnerships and collaborate with other agencies and organizations to provide supports for job seekers, and we invite the community into our facilities to utilize our resources. By providing the necessary services, knowledgeable staff, and employing common standards, we strive towards making an impact on the lives of individuals and building a stronger Niagara West community.
The EHC has an exciting opportunity for an Executive Director to join our professional team in Niagara West. In this role, you will support and lead a dynamic, creative and innovative team of professionals. You will report directly to the Board of Directors. You will build and manage collaborative partnerships with all stakeholders and provide leadership, direction and guidance of the EHC’s activities.
As the Executive Director, you will be working as a part of a team that consists of open-minded, dynamic, creative and an approachable group of individuals. You will work a standard work week, but additionally you will work evenings, weekends, and overtime hours to accommodate activities such as Board meetings and representing the organization at public events.
Your main focus in this role will be on:
- Developing a vision and strategic plan to guide the organization in conjunction with the Board of Directors
- Acting as a spokesperson for the organization
- Establishing good working relationships and collaborative arrangements with community groups, funders, politicians, and other organizations to help achieve the goals of the organization
- Ensuring that the operation of the organization meets the expectations of its clients, Board and Funders
- Overseeing the day-to-day operation of the organization
- Reviewing policies and recommend changes to the Board
- Identifying service gaps and needs to create new programs
- Identifying and pursue all appropriate funding sources and develop proposals
- Promoting a positive, healthy and safe work environment
- Promoting professional development among employees
- Ensuring that sound bookkeeping and accounting procedures are followed
- Monitoring the monthly cash flow of the organization
You have the following qualifications:
- Relevant University Degree or College Diploma
- 3+ years in a managerial level within the EO sector
- Proven experience in setting and achieving program targets and the development of business plans that strategically achieve outcomes and performance measures
- Experience in managing multiple budgets and programs simultaneously
- Thorough understanding of the needs of varying client groups within the context of the labour market
- Experience in engaging employers and community partners and marketing programs and services
- Excellent facilitation/presentation skills
- Advanced communication, analytical, liaison, time management, problem solving, conflict resolution, customer service and prioritizing abilities
- You have experience with fiduciary oversight
- Demonstrated ability building collaborative community relationships and partnerships
- You have a “corporate entrepreneur” spirit. You are committed to identifying opportunities for growth and you are able to take us to the next level
- You care deeply about people. You motivate and empower people to grow both personally and professionally
- You share our values
How to Apply:
Submit your Cover Letter and Resume to Recruiting Committee, c/o firstname.lastname@example.org
We will be accepting applications until August 26th, 2022 – 4:00 PM
Estimated Start Date: September 2022
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Employment Help Centre is an equal opportunity employer committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environment. We will accommodate the needs of the applicants under the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please advise the Recruitment Committee to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated throughout this process. Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
For more information on the EHC please visit our website: https://www.employmenthelp.org