Office Administrator – #7843- A
The Niagara Centre for Independent Living (NCIL)
The Niagara Centre for Independent Living (NCIL) is looking for an Office Administrator.
35 hours per week (with flexible start and end times)
The Office Administrator provides ongoing administrative support to the Executive Director(s) and the various Programs offered by the agency; ensuring the efficiency and professionalism of the Centre. Coordinate all information-management activities of the Centre, including the Information and Referral Program.
The Administrator also acts as the Assistant to the ED(s) by undertaking all necessary office administration functions and any other tasks as delegated by the ED(s).
You would be required to collect, catalogue and distribute information on programs & services for people with disabilities.
- An understanding and acceptance of the Independent Living philosophy i.e.: respecting a consumer’s right to take control of their own lives; examine options, make choices, take risks and make mistakes
- College Diploma in Office Administration
- Basic understanding of different types of disabilities and the ability to conduct research to acquire further information
- Knowledge of disability related organizations in the community
- Basic knowledge of disability issues in the Niagara Region that consumers may inquire about
- Previous experience in social service/health agency would be an asset
- Comfort in working with persons with disabilities
- In-depth knowledge of MS Office, Internet and email software, including Word, Excel, Database, PowerPoint, Zoom, web page maintenance
- Ability to update social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram)
- Strong ability to multi-task, and work under pressure
- Good listening and clear speech in order to communicate respond and ability to connect with individuals on the phone or in person
- Awareness and/or ability to make community connections
- Pleasant, personable and friendly manner
- Good verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills
- Organizational skills
You are the type of person who can:
- Develop rapport with consumers, support those in crisis and assist them when other staff are not available
- Establish priorities in a changing environment
Submit your resume and cover letter explaining your understanding of the inherent skills that you believe are required for this position by end of day September 8, 2022 to:
Search Committee, Niagara Centre for Independent Living
122 Queenston St. St. Catharines, ON L2R 2Z3