Assistant Restaurant Manager -#4505 -S
The Restaurant at Redstone
The Restaurant at Redstone opened in June of 2015. The 80-seat restaurant, private dining room and spacious outdoor patio space showcases the seasonally and locally inspired cuisine of Chef David Sider. Our philosophy is to create a cuisine centered on honesty, freshness and an unwavering commitment to our region. We strive to capture the seasons within the seasons, no matter how short, to create an experience based upon a ‘sense of place’ that can only exist because of where we are. For more information about Chef Sider or the restaurant, please visit http://redstonewines.ca/the-restaurant/.
The Restaurant at Redstone is currently recruiting for an Assistant Restaurant Manager. The ideal candidate must have a flexible work schedule, including the ability to work evenings and weekends. This position is responsible for managing the daily operations of the Restaurant at Redstone, including the selection, development and performance management of employees. In addition, they oversee the inventory and ordering of supplies, optimize profits, and ensure that guests are satisfied with their dining experience. The Assistant Restaurant Manager reports to the Restaurant Manager and Executive Chef.
- Oversee and manage all areas of the restaurant and make final decisions on matters of importance to guest service
- Adhere to Redstone standards and service standards to increase sales, minimize costs, including food, beverage, supply, and labour costs
- Enforce sanitary practices for food handling, general cleanliness, and maintenance of kitchen and dining area
- Maintains professional restaurant image, including restaurant cleanliness, proper uniforms, and appearance standards
- Ensure positive guest service in all area and respond to complaints by taking any and all appropriate actions to turn dissatisfied guests into return guests
- Manage shifts which includes: daily decision making, scheduling, and planning
- Provide direction to employees regarding operational and procedural issues, as well as developing employees by providing ongoing feedback, establishing performance expectations and conducting performance reviews
- Minimum 2 years of management experience in a comparable environment
- Demonstrated career experience in customer service management
- Smart Serve Certification required
- Ability to work effectively under pressure in a fast-paced, environment
- Extremely guest-oriented with a genuine ‘always say yes’ attitude
- Conflict resolution, negotiation, and objection handling skills
- Able to respond quickly in a dynamic and changing environment
- Highly flexible, with solid interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively in a diverse working environment
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
Redstone values a diverse workforce and invite all interested and qualified applicants to apply. We support requests for accommodation from applicants with disabilities in its recruitment process. If you require an accommodation due to a disability throughout the recruitment process, including submitting an application or undergoing testing, please contact Human Resources.
We thank all applicants for their interest in joining the Redstone team, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.