Host – #4509 -S
The Restaurant at Redstone
The Restaurant at Redstone opened in June of 2015. The 80-seat restaurant, private dining room and spacious outdoor patio space showcases the seasonally and locally inspired cuisine of Chef David Sider. Our philosophy is to create a cuisine centered on honesty, freshness and an unwavering commitment to our region. We strive to capture the seasons within the seasons, no matter how short, to create an experience based upon a ‘sense of place’, that can only exist because of where we are. For more information about Chef Sider or the restaurant, please visit http://redstonewines.ca/the-restaurant/.
The Restaurant at Redstone is recruiting Hosts for the upcoming spring/summer months, with the possibility of extension. The ideal candidate must have a flexible work schedule, including the ability to work evenings and weekends.
- Ensures all calls to the Restaurant are answered in a professional fashion within three rings
- Ensures all calls are directed to the appropriate extension or voicemail
- Ensures all messages are returned in a timely fashion
- Places all reservations into our reservation software ensuring that all guest notes and contact information are up to date
- Provides the perfect first impression for our guests by greeting them with a smile and calling them by name
- Genuinely thank each guest for dining with us as they leave the Restaurant
- Check and manage guests’ coats during the winter months, ensuring that you are always present at the host stand when they leave
- 3-5 years of experience in a comparable property an asset
- Ability to work effectively under pressure in a fast-paced, environment
- Extremely guest-oriented with a genuine ‘always say yes’ attitude
- Ability to upsell wine and food experience
- Conflict resolution, negotiation, and objection handling skills
- Able to respond quickly in a dynamic and changing environment
- Highly flexible, with solid interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively in a diverse working environment
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
- Strong ability to multitask and manage the flow of guests in a busy restaurant
Redstone values a diverse workforce and invite all interested and qualified applicants to apply. We support requests for accommodation from applicants with disabilities in its recruitment process. If you require an accommodation due to a disability throughout the recruitment process, including submitting an application or undergoing testing, please contact Human Resources.
We thank all applicants for their interest in joining the Redstone team, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.