Line Cook/Prep Cook – #4707 – T
The Restaurant at Redstone
The Restaurant at Redstone opened in June of 2015. The 80-seat restaurant, private dining room and spacious outdoor patio space showcases the seasonally and locally inspired cuisine of Chef David Sider. Our philosophy is to create a cuisine centered on honesty, freshness and an unwavering commitment to our region. We strive to capture the seasons within the seasons, no matter how short, to create an experience based upon a ‘sense of place’, that can only exist because of where we are. For more information about Chef Sider or the restaurant, please visit http://redstonewines.ca/the-restaurant/.
The Restaurant at Redstone is recruiting Cooks/Line Cooks for the upcoming spring/summer months, with the possibility of extension. Cooks/Line Cooks will be reporting to Chef Sider and are responsible for the preparation and presentation of food. The ideal candidate must have a flexible work schedule, including the ability to work evenings and weekends.
- Ensures food quality is at the highest standard set out by the Executive Chef
- Prepares food served using established production procedures and systems set out by the Restaurant at Redstone
- Complies with established sanitation standards, personal hygiene, and health standards
- Observes proper food preparation and handling techniques
- Correctly prepares all food served following standard recipes and special diet orders
- Keeps work area neat and clean at all time, as well as cleaning and maintaining equipment used in food preparation
- Open to learning, coaching and career growth
- Diploma in Culinary Management and/or Chef Accreditation is preferred
- Minimum of 1 year of operational experience in a high volume kitchen
- Must be physically able to lift and transfer heavy, hot items and stand for majority of shift
- A strong foundation in communication and leadership skills that can be built upon
- Ability to work effectively under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Highly flexible, with solid interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively in a diverse working environment
Redstone values a diverse workforce and invite all interested and qualified applicants to apply. We support requests for accommodation from applicants with disabilities in its recruitment process. If you require an accommodation due to a disability throughout the recruitment process, including submitting an application or undergoing testing, please contact Human Resources.
We thank all applicants for their interest in joining the Redstone team, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.