Thirty Road Farmers & Artisan Market
The Thirty Road Farmers and Artisans Market Assistant is responsible for assisting the Farmers and Artisans Market Coordinator with conducting the Sunday Market. This position will coordinate the hands on needs of the vendors on the day of market as well as support their pre-market needs. The position provides 16 hours of work per week with the expectation that 8 hours are completed on site and 8 hours remotely each week.
This position is made possible through the assistance of the Canada Summer Jobs Grant, as such applicants must be 29 years of age or younger.
- Promote Thirty Road Farmers and Artisans Markets through preparation of editorial content for the marketing promotions and other promotional material, social media, and communication platforms
- On site support to the vendors of the Sunday markets which run from the last Sunday in April through to October
- Collect, record, and deposit vendor fees
- Assist with the set-up, and take-down of market tents, tables, chairs, signs, roadblocks, and other market day items
- Interpret and enforce market Rules and Regulations in a consistent and fair manner, address complaints and/or disputes as necessary
- Act as emergency contact person and manage situation in event of emergency
- Distribute information to vendors, ensure vendors know and comply with market rules. When rules are in breech, remind vendors of the rules and report to the Farmer and Artisan Market Coordinator
- A genuine love for farmers’ markets and the products and experiences they offer
- Strong written, oral, organizational, and communication skills
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Experience with event execution and familiarity with basic equipment and logistics
- Ability to lift 25-30 lbs
- Must possess valid driver’s licence
Work is performed in both indoor and outdoor environments. When working in an outdoor environment, there may be frequent exposure to varying weather conditions.