Town of Lincoln
The Town of Lincoln, located in the beautiful Niagara Region, offers a unique environment that encompasses Lake Ontario, the Bruce Trail and Niagara Escarpment and is situated between Hamilton and St. Catharines. Steeped in a rich history and home to one of the fastest growing municipalities, Lincoln is a place to grow, a place to prosper and a place to belong
The Town is looking for an enthusiastic, motivated and tech – savvy individual to assist small businesses within the Town to improve their use of digital technologies and enhance their online presence. The focus of the Digital Service Squad (DSS) role is to work one-on-one with brick-and-mortar small businesses and provide the following services:
1. On-boarding Assistance
- Conduct pre-business visit research to best understand the Town of Lincoln and its businesses.
- Work with the Town of Lincoln and other organizations, if applicable, to setup appointments and/or go door-to-door to onboard brick-and-mortar small businesses (i.e., no home-based businesses) to the Digital Main Street platform.
- Walk-through the on-boarding survey with the business owner and use appreciative inquiry methods to best understand their business goals and how digital tools/technology can assist them in meeting their goals.
2. Advisory Services
- Once the business has been on-boarded to the Digital Main Street platform, the DSS Member will walk through the Digital Assessment and recommendations with the business owner.
- The DSS Member will assist the business owner in identifying their first priorities and the first digital tools/technology they want to activate.
- The DSS Member will also review vendor recommendations made through the platform and lead the business owner to relevant deals/discounts on the platform.
3. Activation/Implementation Services
- The DSS Member will activate and implement free, easy-to-use digital tools and technologies that businesses would like to use (i.e., building a basic website, activating social media accounts, etc.).
- The DSS Member may also direct the business owner to resources (articles, links, how-to guides, webinars) that can help him/her learn more about a particular tool that has been activated or is a subject matter of interest.
4. Reporting and Feedback
- The DSS Member must complete their field notes for each business engagement and report on a weekly basis to the Digital Service Squad Administrator.
- The DSS Member must attend team meetings as set out by the DSS Administrator.
- The DSS Member must ensure ALL DATA is accurately and completely entered within the Digital Main Street CRM (HubSpot) after each business interaction or on a daily basis.
5. Special Projects
- The DSS Member will be responsible for leading the implementation of special projects and/or community-wide initiatives (i.e. Google 360 photography)
- The DSS Member will work with their DSS Administrator to ensure successful activation of initiatives and increased Digital Main Street engagement
- The DSS Member will be available to help business owners develop their Digital Transformation Plan needed to apply for the Digital Transformation Grant, and can subsequently help to implement the plan, if approved for the Grant.
The Successful Candidate will have the following qualifications and skills:
- Strong communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Experience in sales and / or marketing roles and environment
- Proven initiative and ability to work independently
- In-depth knowledge of digital technologies (e.g., web, social media, e-commerce)
- Strong familiarity with MS Office Suite and Slack
- Adaptable to change, ability to grasp new concepts quickly, and excel in a team environment as well as independently
- Previous experience with online and offline marketing and / or small businesses is considered an asset
This contract position is 35 hours / week from July 4, 2022 – March 31, 2024. Hours and location of work may vary.
Please note that the Town of Lincoln requires that all newly hired employees are to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of being hired and provide proof of full vaccination or provide proof of a bona fide medical or Human Rights Code exemption on a form issued from and approved by the Town of Lincoln
Qualified candidates are requested to apply by 4:30 p.m. on Thursday, June 16th, 2022
This job description is available in alternative formats, or accessible communication supports, upon request.
We thank all applicants who apply but advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted. The information gathered is in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and will be used only for candidate selection.