Township of West Lincoln
The Township of West Lincoln is located at the westerly end of the Niagara Peninsula in the Regional Municipality of Niagara. The largest urban area, the Town of Smithville, is located halfway between the City of Hamilton and the City of St. Catharines. With a population over 14,500, West Lincoln is a mix of a rural and urban setting in a unique local economy that blends residential, industrial, commercial and agricultural properties. Known as a thriving community that offers an excellent way of life, facilitates opportunities, and has a strong sense of community, the Township prides itself in providing responsive and friendly customer experiences.
Reporting to the Deputy Treasurer, the Accounting Clerk is a key member of the Finance Department. This role is responsible for processing and maintaining accounts payable and inputting manual payroll timesheets. The Accounting Clerk assists with general cashier duties for all revenues and responds to public inquiries regarding property taxes, water billings, and other revenues at the front counter, by telephone and by email. In addition, the Accounting Clerk provides overall administrative support to the Finance Department, and assists with other duties and special projects, as assigned. A detailed description can be found on our website at www.westlincoln.ca/en/township-office/jobs.aspx.
- At least 1 year post secondary education in Accounting, Bookkeeping, or Business Administration and Microsoft Office or an equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered
- Minimum 2 years of related experience in a financial environment
- Minimum 1 year of experience performing accounts payable processing activities
- Experience in processing payroll preferred
- Experience with a municipal financial software system is an asset
- Strong organizational and time management skills, with the ability to prioritize high-importance tasks along with weekly occurring activities
- Working knowledge of governmental accounting procedures and laws relating to taxation and assessment
- Strong analytical and attention to detail abilities are essential
- Excellent diplomacy and customer service skills
This is a permanent, full-time (35 hours per week) unionized position with an hourly rate of $27.05 to $27.30 per hour and will include a comprehensive benefits package. All new hires must comply with the Township’s COVID-19 Vaccination Policy.
Interested applicants are invited to submit by email or mail (no in person submissions) a letter of application outlining their qualifications and experience, as well as a detailed resume, by no later than Monday, May 9th, 2022 at 4:30 p.m. to the attention of:
Joanne Scime, Clerk
Township of West Lincoln
318 Canborough Street, P.O. Box 400, Smithville, Ontario L0R 2A0
We thank all those applicants who apply and advise that acknowledgement will only be forwarded to those applicants who are invited for an interview. Personal information collected will be used in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act for the purpose of candidate selection.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, if you require this document or any additional documents in an alternative format, please contact our office at 905-957-3346. Please know that should you require any special accommodations in order to apply for a position or interview for a position with the Township of West Lincoln, we will endeavor to make such accommodations.