Township of West Lincoln
The Township of West Lincoln is currently recruiting for an Enforcement Officer. This position is responsible for the enforcement of by-law regulations including parking and the property standards portfolios and will include performing duties to ensure compliance with building related regulations and standards as assigned.
- Enforce the provisions of the municipal by-laws, including but not limited to: property standards, clean yards, noise, site alteration, parking, swimming pool and zoning.
- Investigate complaints and perform inspections of buildings and properties for violations to ensure conformance with applicable municipal regulations and appropriate follow-up action as required by law.
- Perform plan examinations and review site plans to ensure compliance with the municipal swimming pool by-law for the issuance of swimming pool permits.
- Prepare violation tickets, orders, summonses, subpoenas, and prepare related legal documents. Prepare for and appear in court in representation for the municipality.
- Provide advice to the general public with respect to requirements of the municipal by-laws and other applicable legislation.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Completion of Grade 12 or equivalent
- 3 year post secondary diploma or equivalent work experience law and security
- Ministry of Municipal Affairs and Housing qualifications for Ontario Building Code legal processes, house and building structural an asset
- 3 -5 years experience in enforcement, preferably in a municipal environment with responsibilities for enforcement of municipal by-laws
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- The ability to interpret by-laws, regulations, acts and policies
- Customer Service Oriented
- Strong ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Excellent communication, problem solving, dispute resolution and organizational skills
- Working knowledge of the Building Code Act and the Ontario Building Code and regulations
- Must possess and maintain a valid and unrestricted drivers license for the class of the vehicle(s) operated
- Member of Ontario Association of Property Standards Officer and working toward certification preferred
The hourly rate for this position is currently $30.55 to $31.14/hour being a 35-hour work week position. Office core hours are 9 am to 4:30 pm; however, overtime will be required on occasion with the core hours being adjusted from time to time to accommodate enforcement activity needs during weekends and early morning hours. A solid group benefits package is included following a three-month probationary period, and, there is also an impressive pension plan.
A full job description can be found on the Township’s website: http://www.westlincoln.ca
All new hires must comply with the Township’s COVID-19 Vaccination Policy and obtain an approved Basic Police Clearance at the time of offer.
Interested candidates are invited to submit a covering letter and resume by no later than 4:30 p.m. on Thursday, May 19th, 2022 to:
Joanne Scime, Clerk Township of West Lincoln 318 Canborough Street, P.O. Box 400, Smithville, ON L0R 2A0