Facility Operator #7811 – S
Township of West Lincoln
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
To assist the Supervisor of Parks & Recreation or designate in providing parks and recreation services to the community.
Job functions include assisting with the operation of the West Lincoln
Community Centre & the Arena including; general cleaning, general maintenance, setting up for special events and other event functions as assigned by the Facility Operator on duty.
Hours will depend on the operational requirements and may include weekdays, evenings and/or weekends.
Hours are not guaranteed, but are scheduled in advance by the Supervisor of Parks & Recreation. However, on occasion, Facility Operators may be called into work on short notice.
- General cleaning of the entire facility
- Appropriately prioritize job tasks and shift duties
- General Maintenance of Township equipment, tools and facilities
- Ability to direct and manage other part-time staff (i.e. skate patrol, facility attendants)
- Enforce and promote Township values and policies
- Work constructively in a team environment and act independently as required, follow safe and appropriate practices and procedures and exercise sound judgment at all times
- Complete physically demanding tasks (i.e. Mopping, heavy lifting, shoveling snow, standing for extended periods of time)
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Experience in a parks and recreation environment
- Proven ability to positively relate to a variety of people under varying circumstances
- Positive, welcoming attitude and dedication to ensuring customer satisfaction
- Ability to work well within a fast paced team environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Leadership and conflict resolution skills
- Capability of performing physically demanding tasks while following workplace safety procedures (i.e. Moving hockey nets on the ice surface, shoveling snow, maintenance activities)
- May be required to respond to inquiries about the facility, regulations and rules, provide information on services provided, ensure safety and enforce rules concerning conduct and use of the facility
- Perform custodial duties and maintenance tasks as assigned
- Current First Aid Certification Level C with CPR considered an asset
- An indoor and outdoor environment with exposure to loud noises, interruptions, lack of privacy and fluctuating temperature
- Occasional exposure to people who are difficult to deal with
- Required to clean washrooms, public areas and/or team rooms which may present exposure to bodily fluids and human waste