Township of West Lincoln
The Township of West Lincoln, is currently recruiting for Seasonal Park Labourers. This position will report to the Supervisor of Parks and Recreation and will work with the Parks and Recreation team to serve the Township of West Lincoln.
The General duties of a Parks Labourer involve the overall care and maintenance of all Township of West Lincoln Properties and Facilities. Parks staff will be required to work at many locations throughout the municipality and will be required to work days, evenings and weekend shift and assigned a variety of job responsibilities on a day-to-day basis.
The successful candidates for the above noted positions will be required to provide a current Vulnerable Sector Police Clearance Certificate at their cost.
All new hires must sign a declaration and provide proof of full vaccination for COVID-19 (minimum 2 doses), and wear required PPE, if required. Duties and hours are subject to change during the employment period.
Detailed Job Descriptions can be found on the Township’s website (www.westlincoln.ca) under Current Job Opportunities.
Parks Labourers are responsible for:
- the delivery of parks operations maintenance task; including the operation of vehicles and small equipment
- planting, watering, weeding and maintenance of annual and perennial garden beds throughout the municipality
- turf maintenance; including mowing, trimming, aeration and fertilization
- sports field maintenance including lining of soccer fields and baseball diamonds, turf cutting and general maintenance of playing fields
- litter pickup and garbage / recycling collection and disposal
- assisting staff in the inspection, cleaning and repair of park amenities such as playgrounds and splash pads
- assisting in the set-up, take-down and clean up for special events
- able to work with minimal / limited supervision
- must be able to work outdoors in all weather conditions and be exposed to unpleasant smells, fumes, dust, insects and allergens
- must be able to bend, lift (up to 55lbs), operate equipment and complete tasks that require climbing, walking, pushing and repetitive tasks
- current First Aid and CPR Level C Certificate
- an unrestricted and valid Ontario Driver's License (minimum G2)
Please forward resume and cover letter by Friday, February 10, 2023 at 4:30 pm to: Joanne Scime, Director of Legislative Services/Clerk Township of West Lincoln
By mail: 318 Canborough Street, P.O. Box 400, Smithville, Ontario L0R 2A0
By email: email@example.com (*On subject line please specify position(s) applying for)
NOTE: Email submissions should be sent in either Microsoft Office or PDF Format – Please no personal delivery of applications. Applications can be dropped off at Main Office using outside drop box at Main Office.
We thank all those applicants who apply and advise that acknowledgement will only be forwarded to those applicants who are invited for an interview. Personal information collected will be used in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act for the purpose of candidate selection. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, if you require this document or any additional documents in an alternative format, please contact our office at 905-957-3346. Please know that should you require any special accommodations in order to apply for a position or interview for a position with the Township of West Lincoln, we will endeavor to make such accommodations.