Township of West Lincoln
The Township of West Lincoln is located atop the Niagara Escarpment, at the heart of the Niagara Region. With the largest geographical land base in the Region, West Lincoln boasts a unique local economy that blends residential, industrial, commercial sectors with strong agricultural roots. The Township is comprised of many rural communities plus the larger urban Centre of Smithville. West Lincoln is a growing, thriving Municipality that offers a high quality of life and a strong sense of community. The Township prides itself in facilitating opportunities for positive advancements and providing a friendly and responsive experience.
The Township of West Lincoln is currently seeking a highly motivated individual to fill the contract position of Public Works Supervisor.
Under the guidance of the Manager of Operations, The Public Works Supervisor will be responsible for the management, supervision and leadership of roads and municipal infrastructure, and fleet maintenance and operations. Key responsibilities include:
- the development and coordination/administration of maintenance programs related to roads, bridges and culverts, municipal infrastructure, Public Works yard, and winter control, etc
- trouble-shooting on service inquiries/complaints; staff scheduling, supervision and development; resident issues; overall coordination and management of the Municipality’s fleet including fleet/equipment needs assessment;
- development of policy/standards/ procedures and level-of-service recommendations;
- coordination and participation in preparing Division budgets, forecasts, and work plans
- participating on the department management team and contributing to departmental work planning and strategic initiatives
- assist in implementing the Corporate Strategic Plan through work plans, providing Council goals/decisions in delivering core municipal services vital to a progressive community
- supervises divisional Operations staff, including staff scheduling, development, performance planning/review, coaching/mentoring, health and safety, HR policies administration, discipline and termination decisions/recommendations
The ideal candidate will have a college diploma in Civil Engineering or Environmental Technology. Certifications are ideal in Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS), Public Works Leadership Development Program Certificate (Association of Ontario Roads Supervisors – AORS), Occupational Health and Safety Act (OHSA) for Supervisors, T.J. Mahoney Road School Certificate (Construction & Maintenance)– Ontario Good Roads Association (pre-requisite for C.S. Anderson courses).
The preferred candidate will have Five years of related municipal experience in roads infrastructure maintenance and operations, Water and Wastewater infrastructure maintenance
and operations and fleet operations in a supervisory capacity preferably in an urban growth environment, and including a minimum of three years of direct supervisory experience.
A full job description can be found on the Township’s website: http://www.westlincoln.ca.
Interested applicants are invited to submit their resume outlining their qualifications and experience by email, no later than Friday November 3, 2023 at 4:30 p.m. to the attention of:
Cassandra Carey, Human Resources
By Email to: email@example.com
(Subject Line: Public Works Supervisor)
We thank all those applicants who apply and advise that acknowledgement will only be forwarded to those applicants who are invited for an interview. Personal information collected will be used in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act for the purpose of candidate selection.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, if you require this document or any additional documents in an alternative format, please contact our office at 905-957-3346. Please know that should you require any special accommodations in order to apply for a position or interview for a position with the Township of West Lincoln, we will endeavor to make such accommodations.