Turning Leaf Greenhouses
Turning Leaf Greenhouses, located on the Grimsby escarpment, is looking for part time Cultivation Associates. They are a medical cannabis greenhouse. This role will assist with propagating, cultivating, harvesting and picking, weighing and packing product. This position is a part time position, with hours varying based on need.
- Learn and use cultivating techniques: including pruning, de-leafing, thinning, irrigation, and pest control as directed by Master or Alternate Master Grower
- Assist with monitoring of pest and disease levels
- Follow all company Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) to maintain compliance with Health Canada regulations
- Diligently follows SOPs related to the greenhouse operations and follow strict crop and personal hygiene practices
- Break down machines per guidelines to assure proper cleaning
- Scrub parts using appropriate materials and chemicals. (training will be provided)
- Assist with destruction of Waste Materials that follow SOP’s
- Follow proper use of chemicals and apply safe chemical handling practices
- Assist Quality Assurance department when necessary to ensure overall compliance
- Follow Good Documentation Practices
- Understand, follow and maintain WHMIS procedures and regulations as required
- Duties and Responsibilities are not limited to those listed here, other tasks, duties and training may be required
- Must be bondable – A clear criminal background check is required
- A minimum of a High School diploma required
- Previous experience in a greenhouse or with plants and/or experience working in an environment regulated by Health Canada are considered an asset
- Proven ability to adhere to the demands of Standard Operating Procedures.
- The ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and written are required
- Must be: willing and able to work overtime as required including weekends and evenings; be able to work in a very fast-paced production environment with strong attention to detail and; be able to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally at all times
- Location is not accessible via public transit, as such a valid drivers licence and reliable transportation is required
- This role will involve working in a facility that includes Office space as well as Greenhouse space. Cement flooring throughout the building and greenhouse walkway. From time to time outdoor maintenance and cleaning will be required.
- The employee will be required to work with chemicals, cleaners and disinfectants in order to meet the requirements of Health Canada regulations for a licensed Medical Cannabis Producer.
- The employee will be expected to work overtime as required, including weekends and evenings. Hours of work will change seasonally and at peak times of Harvest.
Strength and Motion Guidelines
This position is physically demanding requiring repetitive motions, lifting, crouching, reaching and standing for extended periods of time. Physical ability to lift up to 75lb is required.
Vision and Hearing Requirements
The employee must have strong vision and hearing in order to perform the required tasks in order to meet Health Canada regulations.
The employee will be expected to make quick, independent decisions when necessary; to problem solve and to be able to read and write in order to complete documentation required in this role.