General Labourer – #4843 – L
Up Cannabis is a federally licensed producer of medical cannabis with an operational facility in Brantford, Ontario and a new facility currently under construction in Beamsville, Ontario. Up is wholly owned by Newstrike Resources, which is a publicly traded company on the TSXV and trades under the ticker symbol “HIP”.
- General housekeeping and maintaining standards of cleanliness throughout the facility.
- Perform general material handling duties including shipping/receiving.
- Assist machine operators and crew with other duties, as assigned.
- Assist operators with machine set-ups, setting feed guides (including: side guides, air, pressure, rolls, feed, gauge belts, etc.) and clearing jam-ups.
- Consult with machine operators as to the proper order sequence.
- Manually feed stock into the machine and ensure that the machine is kept continually stocked and running.
- Complete quality checks on corrugated sheets (i.e., de-lamination, off register, defects, etc.)
- Ensure safety lockouts are performed according to proper procedure.
- Maintain a safe, clean work area and follow all safety procedures (including lockout/tagout), 5S, AIB and other applicable standards.
- Must be able to work rotating shifts (including weekends)
- Must be 19 years or older
- Strong communication skills
- Have the ability to read and comprehend written/verbal instructions and mathematical measurements
- Basic mechanical aptitude and computer literacy skills
- Must be able to respect individuals, the organization, occupational health and safety, authority, the community and the team
- Must have a willingness and ability to learn new concepts and apply this learning
- Understanding of industry, process and/or manufacturing experience
- Must have good teamwork skills and be people-oriented; must be able to effectively communicate
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and have good attention to detail
- Must be able to work professionally under the pressure of daily deadlines and possess excellent time management and organizational skills
- Previous WHMIS training an asset
- Comfortable working with large machinery and or manufacturing tools
- Able to work in a bright, hot, physically demanding environment (lifting up to 30lbs)