Assistant Grower – #4844 – L
Up Cannabis is a federally licensed producer of medical cannabis with an operational facility in Brantford, Ontario and a new facility currently under construction in Beamsville, Ontario. Up is wholly owned by Newstrike Resources, which is a publicly traded company on the TSXV and trades under the ticker symbol “HIP”.
- Continuously monitor plants to ensure optimal health and productivity.
- Coordinate timely & effective pest & disease control measures as required.
- Communicate and escalate all issues with a plant and/or the production process to all the relevant parties as required.
- Recommend, perform and coordinate corrective actions such as the removal, isolation or destruction of plants.
- Collect and interpret fertilizer concentrations and take necessary actions to adjust fertilizer levels.
- Coordinate and participate in cultivation related activities such as stock plant maintenance, cloning, plugging, crop maintenance, harvesting and cycle turnover.
- Ensure growth specifications are acceptable by meeting or exceeded the company's goals and objectives.
- Coordinate daily activities to determine opportunities for improvement in productivity, efficiency and quality.
- Previous greenhouse experience preferred unless candidate has an Agriculture/Horticulture Degree.
- Exhibit initiative, responsibility, intuition and leadership.
- Solid interpersonal and communication skills.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite.
- Pesticide Licence considered an asset.
- Previous WHMIS training an asset
- Clean police background check.
- Knowledge with climate control systems such as Argus considered an asset.