Venetian Meat & Salami Co.
Venetian Meat & Salami Co Ltd (since 1954) is a well-established food processing facility and we have just finished construction on our new facility. We are looking to grow our team of “family” members. Several of our employees have been with us for 20 plus years. Come grow with us.
The Deli Store Manager is responsible for the day to day operations of our Retail Outlet. In addition to selling our finished meat products the Retail Outlet will have a hot and cold food counter, coffee service and some grocery items for a one stop shopping experience. Experience within this field and an ability to cook is a requirement. Work within the requirements of Public Health and the Health & Safety guidelines and policies of Venetian Meats at all times.
- Manage and train staff in all aspects of the business
- Operate meat slicers, combi ovens and other restaurant type equipment
- Prepare food items for hot and cold food counter
- Plan daily / weekly menus and specials
- Track inventory of ingredients and resale items, place orders for items as required
- Control food costs and manage loss prevention
- Proficient in use of POS system
- Ability to work independently, lead or work as part of a team
- Maintain expected level of cleanliness in all assigned work areas
- Willingness to work any and all shifts, including weekends and overtime
- Possess excellent customer service skills
- Time Management
- Ability to manage multiple priorities
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Promoting teamwork
- Must have a reliable mode of transportation (location not on a bus route)
- Valid Food Handlers Certificate
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Ability to lift to 50 pounds
- Maintain open communication channels and work closely with local vendors