Venetian Meat & Salami Co.
Venetian Meat & Salami Co Ltd (since 1954) is a well-established food processing facility and we have just finished construction on our new facility. We are looking to grow our team of “family” members. Several of our employees have been with us for 20 plus years. Come grow with us.
Technician is responsible for the monitoring and maintenance of the facility and all equipment within the facility. Timely and thorough completion of equipment preventive maintenance (PM) will be a daily requirement. These PMs include but are not limited to repair of mixers, grinders, vacuum sealers, forklifts, and electrical equipment as well as general maintenance of the facility. The Maintenance Technician must promptly identify and troubleshoot equipment and facility problems to eliminate root cause. Familiarity with food manufacturing and process flow is an asset. Perform major equipment repairs using a variety of tools and available resources. Work within safety guidelines and policies of Venetian Meats at all times.
- Perform PM’s, repairs and overhauls on all associated mechanical & electrical equipment. Identify damaged or defective equipment and repair in a timely manner
- Perform mechanical and electrical service ranging from basic to advanced repairs on all equipment
- Track parts usage and maintain stock of spare parts
- Accountability for compliance to all safety guidelines and departmental procedures
- Detect / identify safety hazards and plan/organize solutions
- Ability to work independently, lead or work as part of a team
- Demonstrate proficiency in the operation and utilization of various Test & Metering equipment
- Maintain expected level of cleanliness in all assigned work areas.
- Willingness to work any and all shifts, including weekends and overtime
- Time Management
- Ability to manage multiple priorities
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Promoting teamwork
- Provide feedback
- Must have a valid driver’s license and a reliable mode of transportation (location not on a bus route)
- Ability to lift to 50 pounds
- Maintain open communication channels and work closely with local vendors and contractors to support company projects
- Can be called upon to work on any maintenance repair or project, or be used on any type work needed when working as a team participant