Verhoef Electric Inc.
As the Electrical Apprentice, you will be involved in helping with the installation of electrical wiring in residential and commercial buildings by troubleshooting and repairing various equipment, installing various types of equipment and electrical services, focusing on the rough-in by ensuring the electrical meets the agreed to blueprint, while continuing to learn and progress with the company.
The ideal candidate will join the company as a General Labourer first and work toward being moved into the Electrical Apprentice role after three (3) months of service.
- Assist with fabricating/assembling electrical and controls systems, designs and details from prints, requests or orders
- Provide support with electrical wiring for residential or commercial electrical systems
- Aid in installing electrical apparatus, fixtures and equipment for alarm and other systems
- Help with the installation safety and distribution components (e.g. switches, resistors, circuit-breaker panels etc.)
- Support with wiring in electrical circuits and networks ensuring compatibility of components
- With the direction of the Journeyman, prepare and assemble all types of electrical conduits (liquid tight flex, EMT, aluminum flex, armoured cable & rigid conduits) and connect wiring through them if needed
- Assist with the prevention and breakdown of systems by inspecting and replacing old wiring and insulated cables, cleaning circuits etc.
- Help with consistent troubleshooting to identify hazards or malfunctions and repair or substitute damaged units
- General labour tasks as assigned
- Diploma or in progress in relevant Vocational Education and Training (VET) and/or Career and Technical Education (CTE) and/or in progress of completing an apprenticeship as an Electrician
- Electrical apprenticeship experience preferred
- Working towards a Journeyperson 309A License through the Ontario College of Trades
- Access to vehicle and hand tools
- Must be able to read and interpret blue prints; Arch, Mech, Struct, Elect, ID. at an intermediate level
- Multi-tasker/hard worker - ability to prioritize and juggle several projects simultaneously and quick to adapt
Qualified candidates, please send resume to Elma Regnerus, Office Manager. We thank all who apply however, only those considered will be contacted for an interview.
Verhoef Electrical is an equal opportunity employer committed to building a diverse workforce. Verhoef Electrical believes in fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment that brings people together to realize their full potential. We are committed to compliance with all applicable legislation including providing accommodation for applicants with disabilities. Please advise us at any point during the recruitment and selection process if you require accommodation.